Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Painter recommendations in the Southeast?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 12:46 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Painter recommendations in the Southeast?

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a quality painter in the Southeast? I'm going going to be having a full glass out 993 respray done and have talked to a few shops but haven't had much luck. Most places only want to do insurance work, or don't give me a good feeling about bringing the car to them.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Holytin
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Check Classic Motoring in Birmingham, AL. One of the best!
Old 05-27-2016, 01:47 PM
JZ98-993
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Loren Koski, Import Paint and Body in Charlotte,NC is top notch. He's done work on my 993's and has done numerous glass out resprays for friends of mine. Give him a shout

http://www.importpaintandbody.com/ht...t_and_bod.html
Old 05-27-2016, 01:55 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 1,026 Posts
Wink

Call the Porsche dealer for a list of Porsche certified shops. In many cases for an older car like a 993 it is more important to understand what paint system is being used. Is it single stage or two stage, it the primer 2K urethane or acrylic. Does the shop use water based paints? Sometimes the best work is done by a smaller boutique painter who is willing to use the color match paint from various suppliers to find the one with the perfect match or is simply willing to do a single stage job as some 993 solid colors are not two stage paint. Also painting bumper covers mandates 2k Urethane paint for its adheason and durability. Many shops spray on what ever their inhouse system is and the paint chips off the flex bumper with the slightest impact. I Richmond I use
Scott Burnett
http://www.kahikocustoms.com/
as he personally supervises the work and will paint with the appropriate paint system.
He really puts his heart into it and produces outstanding results. I have had him paint three or four bumper covers and repair a quarter panel. In the case of the panel he did the repair with blocks and hammer where other shops would broach the metal to do the job. Scotts method results in a much better and durable repair w/o any welding or metal cutting, replacement or heavy glazing.
Andy

Quick Reply: Painter recommendations in the Southeast?