993 Forum 1995-1998

LHD vs RHD

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 01:02 PM
MarkC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank for the Swiss travel tips chaps.

Riccardo, It's either the M669 or M996 option (not sure which) that switches the position of the clutch and throttle pedals
Old 01-10-2002, 01:19 PM
Mike in Switzerland
Instructor

MCP Motorsport comment: We can find you a LHD 328 GTS/GTB in optimum condition for about £20.000 less than a dealership RHD car. Remember the car was engineered for the LHD market and that the balance of the car is affected by RHD configuration. Putting it more simply, imagine sitting in a LHD with £20.000 cash in notes in your brief case next to you. All this proves is that the British motorist only has himself to blame if he is stupid enough to pay 20K more!! http://www.mcp-motorsport.co.uk/ferrari_328%20gts.htm

Old 01-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Riccardo
Burning Brakes

Mark, you're right, I am sure its option M996!
Old 01-10-2002, 01:29 PM
MarkC
Instructor

Stuart,

I had a RHD Alfa Sud Sprint Veloce. I loved that car, BUT the passengers feet could interfear with the action of the throttle cable which ran under the carpet

I forgot about that one, a great example of a dodgy RHD conversion by the manufacturer.

Mark
Old 01-10-2002, 01:52 PM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Riccardo, the brenner pass is a classic
Trouble is, it runs north-south

MarkC, I have done a few trips to Italy via the alps now, and will be pleased to give you some suggested routes. The susten pass from Interlaken is also a good one, but it was shut due to snow when we went to do it last time in July !!!

Mail me if you like and I'll give you the road numbers of our routes.
First time we went through Northern France, down to Lake Lucern (sp?), across ti Interlaken, and dropped into the top of Italy to Lake Garda.
Going back we headed up into Germany, past Ulm and some other places I forget now.

Oh, and if you love those french roads, you nead to head further south than Rhiems to find the really good ones

Cheers,
John. (I'll dig out some pics for tomorrow)

Quick Reply: LHD vs RHD