Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glove Box door adjustment assistance?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Glove Box door adjustment assistance?

I noticed my glove box door rests about 1/4" past lower dash surface when closed. Is there an adjustment that can be made either to the latch mechanism or hinge?
I found nothing in a search but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:54 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

2 Phillips screws hold latch in. Loosen adj. then tighten. May take a few tries to get it correct. I make mine tight, where I have to push door closed, so it reduces rattling.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:47 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
2 Phillips screws hold latch in. Loosen adj. then tighten. May take a few tries to get it correct. I make mine tight, where I have to push door closed, so it reduces rattling.
OB,
When you tighten the screws, is the metal catch on top for the door completely immobile? I can still move mine in/out, even with the screws cranked down. I'm guessing somethings worn out and isn't holding it tight any more. Any idea what it needs to fix it? (sorry being lazy and asking before I unscrew the whole thing and start digging around in there...)
Old 04-19-2016, 10:27 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kjr914
OB,
When you tighten the screws, is the metal catch on top for the door completely immobile? I can still move mine in/out, even with the screws cranked down. I'm guessing somethings worn out and isn't holding it tight any more. Any idea what it needs to fix it? (sorry being lazy and asking before I unscrew the whole thing and start digging around in there...)
I found my latch issue after removing most compliance in the car. The 2 screws pull on a bracket, that cams against the U shaped latch. The screws have to be really tight. Good driver, and good leverage. I can't find the exploded view from the PET. It shows how it should go together. Good luck
Old 04-19-2016, 12:47 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Here you go. I think the screw pulls the bracket (39) to sandwich between 38 & 40. If it won't tighten, the latch (U shape) end may not be in the hole of 40. Hope this helps.Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1612
Size:  55.9 KB

Quick Reply: Glove Box door adjustment assistance?