Sponsored by:

Bad day, need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 10:24 PM
PZB993
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Bad day, need advice.

Has anyone dealt with Liberty insurance company?
A roofing contractor started a roof removal two days early, without telling the property owner. Normally, I'm sure this wouldn't be a big deal. Unfortunately my 993 was stored in the garage of that property while I moved. The tar and gravel roof debris was dropped all over my car. To make matters worse one of the employees who saw what had happened decided to use a leaf blower to remove the gravel and debris from the paint. In doing this not only did the gravel scrape across the paint, he blew it right into the engine bay.
I would argue the engine bay needs to be totally cleaned out, including behind the cooling fan where debris could be sitting on top of the cylinders. Not to mention paint repair.
The insurance adjuster hasn't contacted me yet, any advise on how to deal with them?
Old 04-12-2016, 10:45 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think this is gonna fall under the home owners insurance policy. wow what a bad run of luck.

you go through great lengths to protect your belongings during a move only to have something like this happen...
Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

That sucks!

Get a quote from a high-end detail shop for the 6 step full treatment. Hopefully it can be corrected.

Regards,

Old 04-12-2016, 11:15 PM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's just the sandy grit from asphalt shingles, you probably don't have irreparable damage. Any small surface scratches should be correctable with proper polishing rather than a repaint. But if we're talking about actual GRAVEL and shingles hitting your paintwork, then you probably have a bigger problem.

The engine bay won't be overly sensitive to sandy grit that fell (or was blown) onto it. Compressed air and a careful wash should get you back to 100% again.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:18 AM
pwhite52
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The insurance company is probably Liberty Mutual. They are a reputable carrier and will most likely treat you fairly. Most roofing company insurance policies have Property Damage deductibles so the roofer may be on the hook for some of the expense. If the roofer doesn't have insurance coverage you probably will need to contact your insurance company as I doubt the homeowners carrier will be much help as the homeowner didn't do anything wrong and therefore most likely isn't liable. Keep in mind that all you want is to be in the same position you were before this happened, no more, no less. Find a qualified body shop and have them inspect the damage and assemble an estimate for the repairs. Hopefully no paint work will be involved.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:09 PM
PZB993
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you all for your comments.
I'll update when when I have answers.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:21 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow Peter, I'm sorry that happened to your car. Just get with the roofer. He should do everything needed to make it right. If they started early, then they could not assure the structure was ready to work on. Don't go through your insurance, until you've exhausted all efforts to convince roofers it's their fault/liability. Let me know how it goes.
Aloha
Richard

Quick Reply: Bad day, need advice.