Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Bumperette Delete Inserts. Who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 02:01 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Bumperette Delete Inserts. Who's in?

THIS IS NOW OVER - PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD - IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A POSSIBLE FUTURE ALLOCATION THEN PM ME AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST BUT AS OF TODAY, THESE ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Hey.

The time has come to decide whether or not you want a set of the Front Bumperette Delete Inserts.

If you still want a set, PM me and I will add you to the list and send you my PayPal address and any further details.

Maybe, you've seen the thread about them but I'll give you a quick recap just in case this is all new to you.

The idea is to go from this.......

To this.....

Via this.....

They fit like this......

and this.........

This is how they will look when they arrive and this was how the look after even minimal prep....

This is the relative size.....

There has been a lot of back and forth on the design from a longer base to smaller mounting holes, larger ridges, area's that potentially interfered with the removal of fog lights etc, and this is the design that I feel will get most people within 90% of where they want to be.

Unfortunately, there is no 'one size fits all' solution for these cars. The bumperettes vary in their position from car to car and even from drivers to passenger side. I can't be any clearer than this....YOU WILL HAVE TO DO SOME WORK ON THESE TO MAKE THEM FIT YOUR CAR.

They need to be tested in place which may require removing some of the material on the piece or adding slightly to it. They may require a spacer to be added under the mounting base to make them sit slightly further forward. They may require the base to be sanded down to make them sit slightly further back. It may require that the mounting hole to made slightly bigger.

It will definitely mean that the ridge will have to be reduced on most cars as they are impossible to fit with the mounting base in place.The ridge can be reduced or removed entirely as required BUT if you intend to use these as glue-in inserts and cut away the mounting base, then they are absolutely necessary.

The piece will be made so that it is solid above the diagonal support to the base to allow it to be cut there without exposing infill IF you decide to use them as pure inserts. Being solid will alos allow for it to be sanded down on the face if necessary.

Regardless, they will need to be adjusted, sanded, primed, painted and clear-coated. If that is beyond you, please don't order a set.

Here's a good video on what you can expect......

You will also need a set of the longer Euro side marker lights.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-for-91...1WaVAX&vxp=mtr

...around $135 shipped or so.

I will inspect all the prints before they are sent out to check for imperfections and then it's up to you.

Again, just to be clear, if you still want a set, PM me and I will add you to the list and send you my PayPal address and any further details. If you choose to pay for them then I would imagine that it'll be a couple of weeks for the number of orders exceed the 50 units I need to order and a couple of weeks for them to be made in bulk, sent to me and then arrange for me to send them all to you. On the other hand, if we don't make it to 50 units, I'll call it after a couple of weeks and just pay the extra needed to produce them in s smaller batch.

The cost per set is $117 which includes shipping and handling to anywhere in NA.

If you are one of the people who have already PM'd me about getting a set, you don't need to send another PM. I will start to respond to the PM's that you've already sent over the weekend and from there I'll just respond as they come in.

It's a first come, first served basis. If you are the 51st order, it may take a while before there is enough additional interest to order another batch. I'm not trying to upset anybody, I just can't order large quantities of these as they have to be paid for up front and it is thousands of dollars. On the other hand, if it does top out at 90 I will probably just order another batch of 50 and keep the last 10 in reserve for people that didn't see the original threads.

Thanks for the interest and support as well as the use of some of your cars to get additional information.

G

THIS IS NOW OVER - PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD - IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A POSSIBLE FUTURE ALLOCATION THEN PM ME AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST BUT AS OF TODAY, THESE ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Last edited by gmorat; 04-11-2016 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Ending
Old 03-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

I'm in - thanks for all your hard work on this gmorat!
Old 03-25-2016, 02:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

+1. Yes, thanks for the efforts!

I'm in, even though I don't have a replacement car for my old 993. Yet. Put me on the "low priority" list.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:57 PM
BOBOYDDS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 Please add me to the list for a set. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2016, 03:30 PM
simpsoap
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Add me as well....

-Andy
Old 03-25-2016, 07:41 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

PM sent, add me to the list.. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:24 PM
423423dsa
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a pm! Thanks!
Old 03-26-2016, 12:35 AM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm in. Thank you.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:55 AM
Wiseguy
Intermediate

In!
Old 03-26-2016, 01:26 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

If you're looking for Euro clear turn signals:

Suncoast $349 http://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/mer...L&Store_Code=P

Sunset $265 http://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/in...ar+turn+signal

Sonnen $254 http://sonnenporscheoemparts.com/par...&siteid=215405

Carnewal $156 http://www.carnewal.com/products/P93...r-Turn-Signals
Old 03-26-2016, 07:41 AM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Nice! That's some spread!

I actually posted a link to an Ebay auction in the thread for $134, so there are definitely options.

G
Old 03-26-2016, 09:32 AM
jengel199
4th Gear

Me too
Old 03-26-2016, 11:12 AM
RJKK
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In as well. PM sent. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2016, 11:31 AM
jcochran1
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for doing all of this, it really is appreciated.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:35 AM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

If all the PM's I received actually pay for a set, we will be 3/5ths of the way to the first batch after just a couple of days! I'll post a list of orders in the sequence they were received soon.

G

Quick Reply: Bumperette Delete Inserts. Who's in?