993 Forum 1995-1998

First post and starting upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Andy Hodapp
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts
Default First post and starting upgrades

Hello everyone, I've been reading rennlist for a while and seeing what I should do with my 1996 Porsche 993 Cab and thought I might as well post on the history of my car and what my plains are and see what you guys think. The car has 63k miles on it, technology wheels, full leather in the 964 jubilee color, comfort seats, an old built in radar detector hidden under the dash. My dad has had the car for the last ten years or so and has kept it pretty much stock. He had a 95 cab before this but sadly it was totaled when he crashed into a paint striper that didn't have any lights on in the middle of the night. When he bought the 96, it was promised by the dealership to have no mechanical problems but when he got it, it had a check engine light on. Fast forward six months and about $18,000 in parts and the dealer found out the check engine light was caused by a non porsche distributor belt. We got a complete upper engine rebuild out of it for free so no complaints there. The steering rack, clutch and flywheel have been replaced along with the convertible top. I've autocrossed the car a couple of times and hope to do a lot more this summer. Moving on to the present and we are right now ordering parts to refresh the car after 20 years. Upgrades include...
Koni Sports, steel brake lines, Walrod lower control arm bushings, FD motorsport golden rod shift rod, Rothsport shift kit, Rennline Rev2 gas pedal, Lloyd Ultimat Mats, HID conversion, oil change, brake fluid change, new spark plugs, full realignment and michelin pilot super sports once I burn through the indestructible all seasons.

Was wondering if you guys think we should do anything else to the car while we are at it. The guy who is doing a lot of the work says he could replicate the Fister stage II exhaust and I was wondering what all does Fister do to the stock exhaust? Do they just add an external partial bypass pipe and cut out some internal stuff? Should I have him do it or should I send it to FD Motorsports?

Here are some photographs I've taken of my car.

Porsche 993 Cab by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr
Porsche by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Porsche 993 Wallpaper by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_3289-Edit by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Porsche 993 Winter Drive by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_5925 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_5372 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr
Old 03-09-2016, 01:39 AM
stace
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice car! Welcome to the cab family! Fister does great work....I'd stick with a proven supplier!! Drive it and enjoy!
Old 03-09-2016, 02:25 AM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Some talent in those photos.

I am local to FD, so had Daren put on Stage II's and absolutely love the sound. Very throaty, but not too loud - just right for me. I agree with Stace - get 'em from Daren.

Quick Reply: First post and starting upgrades