Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward Automotive Victoria BC

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 12:26 AM
uwrasta
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had forward automotive do a ppi for me. There was a a 97 for sale in Victoria. He quoted me a price for top end that was pretty remarkable compared to Johnny walkers, Redmond European, Chris German and a couple others. So I was trying to get some feedback.
Gary at forward was referred to me by a pca members in Victoria.

If the feedback was good my wife and I were gonna take a couple vacations to get the work done.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:56 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That makes sense with the low CAD dollar. Forward did a top end and clutch on my car at 142kms on it. I don't have a receipt though since the previous owner did it through his fleet of vehicles.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Drisump
Racer

One thing you should be aware of is that as far as I know, no one in Victoria is set up to properly adjust the kinematic toe on the rear suspension following an engine drop on a 993. Fact is, there are not too many places in Vancouver either.... just a few more than even know what it is. I have met Gary, seems like a good guy. I've also
been to the shop and I can understand Tegs impression of chaos there.....very high paced. Victoria Porsche seems to be spending a lot more energy on classic cars than ever. There are always several 70's-90's cars in the show room, lot and shop. I don't know of their technical abilities on 993's but they may be able to set the car up post work. Cheers
Old 02-20-2016, 12:02 PM
uwrasta
Banned

Thanks Dri

Always something else to learn that I have never heard of. I will ask him about this and do some research. So I'm well informed.

Have great weekend!!!!
Old 02-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Drisump
Racer

Originally Posted by jo-hans
Hahaha I suffer from amnesia, our friend (memory refresh please) on the right in this pic that DR. J posted last year, and of course Dr. J himself on the left......

Yes Hans that is me....To rwasta, since you are a close neighbour, there are many participants in the annual "Dr. J's BBQ" from stateside. You should try to attend. It's held somewhere between June and August and is a gathering of Porsche nuts. Usually there is a theme, power washing the bottom of your car, pinning the tie rods, detailing, etc. have all been recent themes but usually the lift and shop is available to change oil, brake pads or anything else that can be done in an hour or two. 993's happen to be the predominent species at these events but more 997 GT cars are showing up. Hope to see ya there....
Old 02-20-2016, 12:17 PM
knorrena
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I very nearly bought a 993 through Forward Cars. They were very professional throughout the process. I have nothing bad to say about them.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:23 PM
uwrasta
Banned

Originally Posted by Drisump
Yes Hans that is me....To rwasta, since you are a close neighbour, there are many participants in the annual "Dr. J's BBQ" from stateside. You should try to attend. It's held somewhere between June and August and is a gathering of Porsche nuts. Usually there is a theme, power washing the bottom of your car, pinning the tie rods, detailing, etc. have all been recent themes but usually the lift and shop is available to change oil, brake pads or anything else that can be done in an hour or two. 993's happen to be the predominent species at these events but more 997 GT cars are showing up. Hope to see ya there....
Thanks. It sound like a lot of fun. I can wait to meet up and hope that it comes to pass.
On another note (and I'll post under 914) do you know of anyone well versed in the 914?
I have one sitting in the garage.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:24 PM
uwrasta
Banned

Does anyone else using the app (I have iPhone) have trouble uploading photos.

It keeps giving me an error.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:36 PM
jo-hans
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Drisump
Yes Hans that is me....
thanks Mr. T

Originally Posted by uwrasta
Does anyone else using the app (I have iPhone) have trouble uploading photos.

It keeps giving me an error.
In case your not, try the Garage-Talk app and add Rennlist. Just tested it and no issues.

Cheers,

Last edited by jo-hans; 02-20-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Forward Automotive Victoria BC