Windstop for '95 993 Cab - Install Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 02:04 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Windstop for '95 993 Cab - Install Confusion

I just received a windstop for my '95 Cab and while it should be a very easy install, I'm a bit confused on something. The part number printed on the unit is 000.043.202.10 so I believe (based on reviewing previous posts) that I have the right item.

The unit I have has a metal supporting bar (sort of shaped like a big W) which according to the instructions is to be folded down and rest on the rear seats that are folded down. There are also a pair of elastic straps that are shown attaching to hooks that are also on the back of the rear seats when folded down.

My problem is that the '95 993 Cab doesn't have folding rear seats - I can't find any positioning of the metal supporting bar that provides any support for the windstop and I do not have hooks to which the straps can be attached.

Is this the correct item? Has anyone actually put one of these items in and can help me figure out what I'm missing?

Thanks much for the help.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:55 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Rick,

Send me a note with your fax number and I can send you the detailed Porsche windstop installation instructions. It is quite easy to install when you review the diagrams.

Quick Reply: Windstop for '95 993 Cab - Install Confusion