Sponsored by:

rear spoiler test

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 06:40 AM
pierre0911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear spoiler test

I am curious to know the effects of the rear spoiler. Just wondered if anyone has tried to override at speed to see the difference?
Old 10-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's easy to try. Remove the fuse from fuse-box in the trunk. Spoiler and cabin ventilation share one.

I tried once 2 runs in One Mile Challange. One run with wing, one w/out. Speed at the line was exactly sthe same in both cases, 236 km/h. Didnt felt anything different in straight run. I have usual 911/C2 wing.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:49 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Ruf speed module on my car that raises the spoiler at ~80mph and lowers it at ~40mph. So at speeds between 80 and 40mph I have control of the spoiler via the manual switch. I have done some "testing" to see the effects of the spoiler being up and down. I rode down an isolated stretch of highway with cruise control set on ~79mph. I raised and lowered the spoiler to see the effects. Now this could all be in my head, but here is my conclusion: When my car was at standard ride height (before I installed the PSS-9 suspension), I really couldn't tell any difference. But after the car was lowered to Euro Sport height with the PSS-9, I seemed to feel a slight push down of the rear end when the spoiler was raised. Didn't really notice any difference in handling (of course I was just going in a straight line), but the rear end did seem to squat down just enough to notice.

Quick Reply: rear spoiler test