A Happy Ending to a Thalist Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 11:59 PM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A Happy Ending to a Thalist Purchase

I greatly appreciate the assistance that was provided for me by Mr. Bill Hodges of Suncoast Porsche and Thalist.

I recently purchased a great'97 993TT from one of the Thalist dealers which included Porsche certification and new tires and plenty of service work. Everything seemed just right, until a small problem arose upon transport of the car to me.

Bill stood up for me and made sure that the car that I now have is exactly what I expected.
I know that he would do the same for anyone making a purchase from Thalist.

I recommend Thalist as a resource for anyone looking for a Porsche and must commend Bill Hodges for his integrity.

Steve
'97 993tt
Newly joined Rennlist member
Old 02-16-2002, 12:38 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kim,
Thanks for your congratulations.
I am very excited about the car.

I am just curious as to your comment about the timing.
Can you explain?

Steve
Old 02-16-2002, 02:28 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kim,
I read through the "Cayenne video" thread and now I understand your reference.

As it turns out,the timing of Bill's helping me out merely coincided with the debate mentioned in that thread.

I, too, was very anxious about a long distance purchase. It just happened to be the right car at the right price and it certainly helped that the Porsche Certification was coming along with it. I also took comfort in the recommendation of Bill H. when I called him before moving foward with the purchase from the other dealer.

The problem which occurred was that at some point a hook had been placed on the jack pad and had bent it.The car is otherwise magnificent. The transporter said that they never used hooks and the dealer said that such damage could not have been missed in all of the work that they had done to prepare the car for the purchase.

It seemed that the cost to repair the car would fall on me. Bill made sure that it was taken care of and so now I have the car which I was sure that I had purchased, near impeccable at that!

-Steve
'97 993tt

Quick Reply: A Happy Ending to a Thalist Purchase