993 Forum 1995-1998

oil level gauge

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 05:23 PM
Dave Taylor
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face oil level gauge

The oil level gauge in my 95' 993 has become faulty, reading is all over the place. Assuming that the sender unit is faulty where is this located and how do you check/replace? I also have a faulty oil cooler thermostat where is this?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Dave Taylor:
<strong>The oil level gauge in my 95' 993 has become faulty, reading is all over the place. Assuming that the sender unit is faulty where is this located and how do you check/replace? I also have a faulty oil cooler thermostat where is this?

Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

This (<a href="http://p-car.com/diy/fan/" target="_blank">http://p-car.com/diy/fan/</a>) link from Robin's site might help you.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:41 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dave,

It is normal for the oil level gauge needle to go all over the place when the engine is being reved or as the car is being driven.

But during idle, if your oil tank is filled corrected it should remain steady. If not then you may have an issue with the gague or the sender unit.

The sender unit is mounted on the left side of the tank (if you view the tank from the right side of the car).

The oil cooler thermostat is located directly under the oil tank above where the drain plug is.

What makes you think that your oil thermostat is also faulty?
Old 02-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Dave Crellin
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave,

Slightly off topic, but how do you find getting service for the 993 around Derbyshire? We'll be heading back to the UK sometime soonish, and bringing the car with us. Home/family is in Chesterfield.

Quick Reply: oil level gauge