Question for Florida residents

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 01:41 PM
rj777
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question for Florida residents

I'm going to be in Vero Beach Florida next week visiting my Dad and hopefully getting some r&r time. My mom is going to California for two weeks and I was hoping to keep my Dad company and get in a vacation. At 79, he really doesn't need to be alone. I am planning to drive my '98 c2 cab (from Nashville) to enhance the experience.

While I'm in Florida, I would like to "bite the bullet" and get the factory 993 litronics retrofiited on my car. With the shorter days of fall & winter on the horizon, I want to take care of this. Like others, I am not happy with the stock headlights.

Can anyone recommend a competent technician (dealer-based or independent) in Florida to perform the retrofit? I know that this is not a simple job because I had a friend retrofit litronics on my Boxster, and I saw exactly what was involved. I want to make sure I find someone who thoroughly knows what's involved.

I am not too far from Braman in West Palm, but I can go to Suncoast, Champion, or Brumos, or elsewhere if anyone has had smooth, trouble-free installation experiences at these locations (or others).

Please email me if you feel uncomfortable replying here.

I greatly appreciate all comments and suggestions.

Kindest regards,

rick j. in nashville
'98 c2 tip cabrio black/cashmere
Old 09-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 09-30-2003, 06:25 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used & would recommend "Stahl Motorsports" near the West Palm Beach airport. They have a good reputation among "northern members" of the Gold Coast Region PCA. I don't know of anyone close to Vero, but West Palm is a lot closer than coming all the way down to Ft. Lauderdale or Pompano.

Additionally, you might do well to check with someone from the Space Coast Region http://spacecoastporsche.com/ - I believe Vero Beach is covered by their region.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:31 AM
jda407
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rick,

Call Rodger at Orbit Racing. They are located in Jupiter. The number is 561.745.9312.
Orbit Racing is primarily a race team shop that is interested in doing select "retail" work for porsche owners. Very knowledgable guys and would definitely be able to help you out. Might want to call them in advance to see what their shop schedule is like for the time that you are here.

Let Rodger know that Jim from Delray gave you his number. There is a small group of us from Delray (4 - '99-996, '95-993, '97-993, '02-TT) that have been going up there for work in the past month or so. Very impressed with the shop...their knowledge.. and the reasonable costs.

Beware....the shop is filled with eye candy!!!! I was there last week when the team was giving the two cars that ran in the Miami Grand Prix a complete rebuild. There's a lot of toys in that shop.

Good Luck.
Jim
Old 10-02-2003, 09:51 AM
jda407
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

rick..you've got a PM

Quick Reply: Question for Florida residents