Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedline RS wheel , best replication

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

I picked ET+58 in the rear (1mm more poke out) to visually get the rear wheels to fill out the fenders a little more. Alps commented to me that with ET+59 in the rear and with 265mm wide tires that the rear wheels/tires got a tiny bit "lost" in the rear wheel wells. He addressed this situation by using 285mm wide tires in the rear.

Since I had no desire to deviate from the OE 265/35/18 tire size, I selected ET+58.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:24 AM
fidrio
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlaa
I have a narrow body car on RoW springs and there is no tire rubbing.
If I were you I would just go with Tramont's recommended offsets which are what Alps used -

8.5x18 ET+52 and 10x18 ET+59

I did 10x18 ET+58 in the rear --- honestly I don't think there's much difference at all between ET+58 and ET+59 in the rear.
1 milimeter
Old 01-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 405
i have a set of tramont RS cup wheels on the way in speedline RS sizes. i ordered them earlier december and i am told theyll be here in january. pricing was very reasonable. i dealt with christine and she was helpful answering all my questions. i can post pics when i get them.
here is some photos of my tramont cups as promised in silver finish. sizes are 18x8 +52 18x10 +65, the OE sizes speedline produced the original 993 rs wheel in. it took 2 weeks for me to receive them from DHL after tramont shipped them from france. unboxing them i can tell you these are really nice wheels. i look forward to getting them on my car soon.

i read some issues with shipping from tramont by some members on rennlist and i can say they have since ironed out these problems. dealing with christine@tramont has been a breeze and the shipping part of it all was taken care of by christine. ordering these wheels now is a simple process, anyone on the fence should go for it. http://www.tramont.fr/

Old 01-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
....you do any serious track work, you are going to bend a wheel...it just happens. Then you'll have to either repair or replace it. If it is seriously bent, it can't be repaired, and BTW, lots of people won't do track work on a bent wheel. I have seen factory wheels bent as well, MY 2002 996 wheels, 996 10 spoke wheels, Cup II wheels. Bend one of these and try replacing just one...difficult, and expensive too. If you ben an Allegritta, you can at least replace one, not having to buy a complete set, or some combination thereof.

So what I have reluctantly concluded, to address the probability of bending and then having to replace a wheel, buy 3 piece wheels, bend and inner or an outer , they can be replaced. Until now, reasonably priced 3 piece wheels have been damn expensive, $4,000 a set. As I understand it, the Tremont wheels are priced slightly better. And for those that want to run Speediness, they are heavy, and the centers are cast, not forged.

Whenever I get some "free money", I am going to try out a set of Tremont 3 piece wheels. That how I see it IMHO.
+ 993 Martin,

The question is, do I get the Tramonts now or the Fabspeed X-over sport cats with that awesome 25% discount from the group buy that you orchestrated for us. I have Fister III's and would need to swap them for Fister I's, so I am leaning toward the Tramonts.

Quick Reply: Speedline RS wheel , best replication