Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

residual electrical power? is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 10:23 AM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Default residual electrical power? is this normal?

hi, new owner here, did searches on this already.

had car in garage, alarm off, doors unlocked, got in, no key in ignition, i noticed the 'on' button was illuminated on cdr-210 and i was able to turn on audio. have never experienced this with other cars. is this normal operation? is it 'timed out' with the interior lights? could find no reference in manual. windows didnt work either. i know the bimmers i have owned had a residual power feature that allowed windows to shut just after key is pulled, but this seems odd.
i didnt do a real trial and error , but some time before, i did have key in both 1 and 2 positions whilst fiddling around. i did also turn alarm on and off during prior hour or two earlier. isn't this a battery drain?
car has dsp, footwell lights, and a hard-wired V1(where it is hooked in, i dont know), if that all matters.
thanks , john.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:33 AM
Rohan Nath
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds abnormal.

i have not tested residual power on a 993 but do know that the cdr-210 times out. in fact if i turn my car off while the cd is playing it gradually fades out (rather a nice feature relative to stopping abruptly).

hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the cdr220 and they mention the auto turn off feature in the manual ( the CD manual, not the car manual ). YOu can get a pdf of your CDR210 manual at http://www.beckerautosound.com
Old 09-30-2003, 11:16 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

It is NORMAL for the porsche (becker) stereo.

Without the key in the ignition you can turn it on and listen to radio or CD. The stereo will will turn itself off after 30 minutes. You can then turn it on again.

Enjoy.

-Skip
Old 09-30-2003, 12:48 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Thumbs up thanks!

thanks guys thats great news. one less potential problem. as a new owner i am sure to be peppering the board with q's.

Quick Reply: residual electrical power? is this normal?