Introducing My Zenith C2S

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 01:24 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 404 Posts
Default Introducing My Zenith C2S

This introduction is long overdue.

I came down with a bug this summer. A 993 blue bug. Cobalt, Iris, Midnight, Ocean, Riviera, Mexico, Zenith. They were all under my skin. So when I saw a beautiful Zenith C2S come up on EBay last month, I called the seller for the bottom line and hoped Opo hadn't already beaten me to the punch.

When the call came back from the Seller, I was up hiking at Rattlesnake Mountain in New Hampshire. The seller had just found the 993TT he had been searching for, and was motivated to sell. Taking in the views of Squam Lake and Lake Winnipesaukee, I was motivated to buy. Life is short. Carpe diem.

So I agreed on the price, committed to pay the balance and pick the car up in Staten Island NY that Wednesday, and PayPal'd a deposit before reality could set in. No sleep 'till Brooklyn was the mantra.

I had a hearing that Wednesday afternoon in Hartford CT, so timing was going to be tight. My driver showed up an hour late, and traffic was abysmal. I was stepping on his foot the whole ride down. By the time we got to Staten Island I knew I was going to be late for my hearing, and had to rush the inspection. The seller was a real enthusiast with a yellow ferrari in the garage. After a quick test ride, a paint meter test and another modest price adjustment, I was headed toward Hartford at triple digits in a zenith blue C2S to make the hearing. Got there just a few minutes late.

Ten minutes into the trip as a car started drifting into my lane I went to honk the horn, and nothing.... The fuse had been removed. I kicked myself for rushing the inspection. It was the classic horn contact issue in the steering wheel, and apparently they just opted to pull the fuse. First order of business back home was to install a 996 3 spoke steering wheel I had stashed away in the basement.

The clutch was stiff as a board, but the car drove beautifully on the highway. The engine pulls strong, and the car is incredibly clean both inside and out. The car had one female owner in Arizona from 1998 until last August when it was delivered to New York and registered there with 65,000 miles on it. No major oil leaks, but the SAI ports needs cleaning and the clutch needs replacing so I plan on dropping the engine this winter for a full refresh and valve job.

I already shipped a set of mufflers to Darin at FD Motorsports, so the Fister III's should be installed soon. HID and LED lights are on order, and the turbo sccops are already in, of course.

Looking forward to getting this car into shape, and keeping her largely stock.

Pick Up in Staten Island

Leaving Staten Island

White knuckle drive to Hartford

Parked outside the Courthouse in Hartford

Back home

new tires (then discovered the wheels are NB hollow spokes with spacers - will be selling these with the new Michelin supersports)

3 spoke steering wheel installed

Clean frunk

Touch Up Direct Paint matched perfectly

Turbo scoops installed

Rattlesnake - Squam Lake
Old 11-19-2015, 01:29 AM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 192 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
This introduction is long overdue.

I came down with a bug this summer. A 993 blue bug. Cobalt, Iris, Midnight, Ocean, Riviera, Mexico, Zenith. They were all under my skin. So when I saw a beautiful Zenith C2S come up on EBay last month, I called the seller for the bottom line and hoped Opo hadn't already beaten me to the punch.

When the call came back from the Seller, I was up hiking at Rattlesnake Mountain in New Hampshire. The seller had just found the 993TT he had been searching for, and was motivated to sell. Taking in the views of Squam Lake and Lake Winnipesaukee, I was motivated to buy. Life is short. Carpe diem.

So I agreed on the price, committed to pay the balance and pick the car up in Staten Island NY that Wednesday, and PayPal'd a deposit before reality could set in. No sleep 'till Brooklyn was the mantra.

I had a hearing that Wednesday afternoon in Hartford CT, so timing was going to be tight. My driver showed up an hour late, and traffic was abysmal. I was stepping on his foot the whole ride down. By the time we got to Staten Island I knew I was going to be late for my hearing, and had to rush the inspection. The seller was a real enthusiast with a yellow ferrari in the garage. After a quick test ride, a paint meter test and another modest price adjustment, I was headed toward Hartford at triple digits in a zenith blue C2S to make the hearing. Got there just a few minutes late.

Ten minutes into the trip as a car started drifting into my lane I went to honk the horn, and nothing.... The fuse had been removed. I kicked myself for rushing the inspection. It was the classic horn contact issue in the steering wheel, and apparently they just opted to pull the fuse. First order of business back home was to install a 996 3 spoke steering wheel I had stashed away in the basement.

The clutch was stiff as a board, but the car drove beautifully on the highway. The engine pulls strong, and the car is incredibly clean both inside and out. The car had one female owner in Arizona from 1998 until last August when it was delivered to New York and registered there with 65,000 miles on it. No major oil leaks, but the SAI ports needs cleaning and the clutch needs replacing so I plan on dropping the engine this winter for a full refresh and valve job.

I already shipped a set of mufflers to Darin at FD Motorsports, so the Fister III's should be installed soon. HID and LED lights are on order, and the turbo sccops are already in, of course.

Looking forward to getting this car into shape, and keeping her largely stock.

Pick Up in Staten Island

Leaving Staten Island

White knuckle drive to Hartford

Parked outside the Courthouse in Hartford

Back home

new tires (then discovered the wheels are NB hollow spokes with spacers - will be selling these with the new Michelin supersports)

3 spoke steering wheel installed

Clean frunk

Touch Up Direct Paint matched perfectly

Turbo scoops installed

Rattlesnake - Squam Lake
Wow, beautiful car! Congrats
I also miss the fall colors - I used to live in West Hartford.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:01 AM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! Love Zenith Blue. Great story. I think the youth today say YOLO, no one takes Latin anymore.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:54 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 186 Posts

Congratulations! Great story and a beautiful car. Love zenith blue!!
Old 11-19-2015, 03:56 AM
Aaron 993C2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! Great looking car. Stock clutch for the replacement?
Old 11-19-2015, 04:31 AM
phoneyman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The aero kit and color look fantastic. Good job making everything work out.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:27 AM
The Eagle
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sweet looking car!

~ The Eagle ~
---------------------

'96 Polar Silver/Black C4S, manual, litronics, LED's in the positioning lights, alu/leather shifter & handbrake, silver face gauges with alu rings, hardback sport seats, full leather interior, motor sound airbox, stainless door sills, valve caps Porsche crested brushed alloy, front protection bar, with split rear grill and layered with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

'92 Carrera 2 (Sold)
'89 Carrera 3.2 (Sold)
Old 11-19-2015, 05:53 AM
scosurf
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 58 Posts

Great story and car
Old 11-19-2015, 07:22 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 560 Likes on 378 Posts

Jim,

I am amazed how quickly you move down the slippery slope with some very tasteful mods. Looking forward to the next C&C drive.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Grapeape
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Fantastic looking car. Did you color co-ordinate the shirt for the pick-up or is the shirt color a strategic move for the hearing?
Old 11-19-2015, 09:19 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Nice Intro Foxman. It's a beautiful looking WB. Congrats!
Old 11-19-2015, 09:27 AM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When the "bug" hits it can be very powerful. Great story and very nice 993. Congratulations and enjoy.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:22 AM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats Foxman!
Old 11-19-2015, 10:23 AM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

Lucky and "smart boy" for picking up this unicorn color....much envy here especially with the Aero Kit II!
Now you can schedule to put black carpets on the floors to set off the interior (thought I would suggest how you could release some more funds from your pocket).
I do disagree with Grapeape above, I think you picked a Mexico Blue shirt for the inaugural courthouse drive (that can be one of your future mods!)
YOWZZA!
Old 11-19-2015, 10:40 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

LOVE LOVE The Color! Congrats my man

Quick Reply: Introducing My Zenith C2S