Bilstein PSS9 vs. Ruf PSS9

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 02:29 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bilstein PSS9 vs. Ruf PSS9

OK, did a search last night and read almost everyone thread regarding the RUF PSS9's. My understanding is that the shocks are revalved by RUF but the actual value is top secret. The kit also includes an adjustable rear sway but retains the OEM front. Another difference is the warranty. Bilstein offers a limited (what's limited?) lifetime warranty while RUF offers a 1 (maybe 2?) year warranty.

I plan on some aggressive canyon runs and a DE or two in the next few months. However, it would mostly be for the street, unless Phil twists my arm on joining the POC .

I am currently running the OEM shocks with Eibach so I have investigated replacing the shocks with HD's, but for $600 more, I can get the Bilstein PSS9's, but for $400 more than the Bilstein PSS9's, I can get the RUF PSS9s with the rear sway.

Anyone running the RUF PSS9's? Any recommendations? Will this madness never end?

TIA.

Addison
Old 09-26-2003, 02:52 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Silver Bullet
For a few more $$$ above the the RUF you can have the Moton Clubsport two way adjustables with remote reserviors....
Again, will the madness never end?!?
Old 09-26-2003, 03:02 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Addison,

You just better hope that viperbob doesn't read this thread and get you hooked into his "evil clan". The phrase "... for just a few bucks more..." is the clan incantation. Beware.

BTW, I'm going to replace my ROW M030 suspension with a used PSS-9 setup coming off a race car this winter. I'll be looking for somebody to do the install. Gotney ideas?
Old 09-26-2003, 03:09 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I've got a wrench in Canyon Country who has been working on my 964 and 993. He is a small time independent, older German guy. Really nice guy and extremely knowledgeable on our air cooled beasts. Does not know a lick about the new water coolers.

I'll ask him the going rate but has always been very reasonable. I'm also studying Robin's site and might undertake the challenge myself. Hopefully, if David in LA is in town, it'll be two brains instead of one!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:08 PM
SMB993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the RUF PSS-9 with rear sway bar on my TT and am happy with the setup for both street and track driving. I purchased the system from Weissach (Vancouver) and received good service from them when one of my rear shocks failed (adjuster **** kept spinning without stopping). At the time I purchased this system it was less expensive than the Bilstein standard system because only 1 sway bar was recommended - the stock front bar is maintained. The RUF rear bar has only 2 holes for adjustment vs. 3 holes for the RS rear bar which is used with the standard PSS-9 system.

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS9 vs. Ruf PSS9