Sponsored by:

Warranty = FREE LSD

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 12:07 AM
Kristoffer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty = FREE LSD

Well for once I can say an extended warranty has finally paid for it self!! I have not had many problems with my 993. In fact the problems I have encountered were not mandatory to fix. Unless of course your like me & then they will eat at you!! My tail light stopped working because of the wire in the rear glass broke. While there is a cheap fix my warranty paid Champion Porsche over $1000 to fix it. My front windshield squeak etc.. Now my LSD has burned up & my warranty will be paying for its replacement as well. If I didn't have a warranty I would most likely have waited to fix it & I would have upgraded it to a gaurd LSD being that it is free I am happy with a brand new OEM. In fact I now have to wait a week for it to arrive from Germany Since my warranty ends in March I will be paying very close attention to any possible warranty work between now & then
Old 09-26-2003, 08:05 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

congratulations on getting your LSD repair covered under warranty! I know that's putting a lot of cash back in your pockets.
I've been of the opinion that most extended warranties are a waste of money, but it sounds like yours has paid off.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:23 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Kristoffer, What company it is?

I'm with Kim, was there a reason why you didn't go with motorsport one and pay extra as we talked?

In any case, good news that you can get it fixed!
Old 09-26-2003, 09:07 AM
Kristoffer
Pro

Kim:
I talked about that, I was hoping that it would be little or no difference but it turns out to be at least a $500 difference But I am still thinking about it since I have a week. Which is the popular choice; Gaurd, Motorsport etc....?

Terry:

I'm normally with you. I never get them on anything!! But this was one time that I thought This was my first Porsche, I was buying a car that not only do the parts cost alot but I didn't know its history. A combination that I thought my be the safe bet. Don't get me wrong if I were to buy another car tomorrow I would most likely pass on the warranty.

FF:
It is GE Capital. The best part about them is that I can take it to ANY licensed shop
Old 09-26-2003, 11:42 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Since I'm not spending my $$$, I'm with 'Finn and SB - pony up for the motorsports part! The benefit of a kick-@ss LSD will long outlast the $500 sting in your wallet.

P.S. "Ms. Behavin" aka The Ungrateful Bitch should be out of the shop today. She's still wearing her magnetic racing numbers, A032's and covered in racer tape! Vince painted the shroud black and the fan red. Red paint in the engine bay dyno's at like 15 extra hp, right?
Old 09-26-2003, 12:21 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts

GE Capital paid to replace my LSD...of course after a few session on a short track with lots of LSD engagement, it was shot. As Steve Weiner says, the factory LSD with stock clutch packs is a piece of S*%t. I couldn't have said it any better, thanks Steve.

Keep in mind you can rebuild the LSD with heavy duty clutch packs from Porsche or from Guard, or buy the complete unit from Porsche Motorsports in Santa Ana, CA, or a unit from Guard. I believe Steve Weiner and his tranny man Jeff Gamroth recommend Guard. Alex Job Racing uses Guard, what else can I say.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Get a Guard TSB. Great piece for a street/track car.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:42 PM
Kristoffer
Pro

Terry:

Post some pictures when you get her back. Also have you seen the picture from Sebring??

Kim:

In due time my friend , But we can't tell FF, I need all I can get!!

Martin:

What year is your car? I was told 95's have a different LSW. But I'm going to call my shop & get a firm price on the gaurd!!

When my wife throws me out on my but who as an extra room & garage space

Quick Reply: Warranty = FREE LSD