Sponsored by:

Connecting iPhone/iPod to CDR210

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 05:55 PM
RBC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting iPhone/iPod to CDR210

Anyone seen or perhaps tried one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Music-Change...K6vM_p4dPsiUYw

Based on my reading, it must trick the CDR210 into thinking it's a CD changer, allowing the connection of a phone or MP3 player to the CDR210 via the CD changer connectors on the back of the radio.

If you don't have a CD changer, I wonder if this would work? The other devices I've seen require the CD changer to be present.

Last edited by RBC; 11-06-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 408 Posts

Best move is send the unit to Becker in New Jersey. For $100 Becker will hard wire a line to the back (or Jack in the front of you don't mind the aesthetics) that doesn't require a CD player, and won't interfere with the CD player if you have one. And be sure to have them upgrade the sound chip for wider frequency ranges and improved sound for another $20.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by RBC
Anyone seen or perhaps tried one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Music-Change...K6vM_p4dPsiUYw

Based on my reading, it must trick the CDR210 into thinking it's a CD changer, allowing the connection of a phone or MP3 player to the CDR210 via the CD changer connectors on the back of the radio.

If you don't have a CD changer, I wonder if this would work? The other devices I've seen require the CD changer to be present.
Yes, the Yatour masquerades as a CD changer. It works with both the C(D)R-210 as well as the C(D)R-220. You can run the Yatour without a CD changer.

You can even install a 9PDT switch so that you can switch between a CDC3 changer and the Yatour if you are so inclined.

Click on the link in my sig for more details as well as a video of the Yatour in action.

Quick Reply: Connecting iPhone/iPod to CDR210