Sponsored by: DashLynx

My 993 is almost home...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 03:20 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default My 993 is almost home...

Going back to street trim, well sort of, 993 RS poseur trim. One of the last steps was to remove the long lug bolts from the front wheels and the 7mm spacers...Lance Aspesi, a one man shop in Van Nuys, CA, got it done for me: He always comes through. He has been my primary go-to-guy in converting the car from track trim back to street trim. He is the same guy that built my short geared tranny with all steel synchros and 1-2 & 3-4 forged shifting forks. Naturally the car has the FD Motorsports Platinum rod and the Factory SS Kit.

The interior retains the 993 RS carpet kit, RS America doors panels, but lovely stock seats, and the lower dash back in with passenger air bag and glove compartment re-installed along with stock air bag steering wheel.

The full Heigo cage is now a Heigo 1/2 cage...so the car can do DE and Time Trials but no wheel to wheel racing...nearly all the racing stuff has been sold off.

I still have the auxiliary Ruf oil cooler, the MCS triple adjustable suspension, EVO uprights, 993 RS anti-roll bars, all sorts of ERP suspension goodies....too much work to take the ERP stuff off and replace it with stock. I may sell the MCS suspension next year and replace it with PSS10s.

During the car's recovery from racing***, it did get a respray (Anathema, Heresy), I know, but it got done anyway. That black "thing" on the hood, near the "new" windshield, who knows...a large roach? It's not there anymore. The car is getting color sanded, polished prior to a generous application of XPEL. I pick it up this Friday, the 30th...can hardly wait.

I am having the alignment changed up to sporty street 993 RS Specs), and raising the car up a wee bit.

In closing, the car is right back to where it was in 2004 before the racing bug bit.....next project, a correct 3.8 RS motor...need to save a bit for that one. Car has 85,000 miles, and still runs strong....pulled 266 HP to the rear wheels with Fabspeed X pipe, cat delete and Maxflows.

*** My friend Todd took this video at Buttonwillow Raceway, last November with my car in racing trim...it is the 993 one out front that he is working to chase down...damn video is over 20 minutes long. He also drives a 993 Carrera S, lightened with a 3.8 wing, front splitters and gears...the typical other performance stuff too.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Martin S.; 10-29-2015 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Aaron 993C2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the end result~

Tell Todd "nice save" at 17:05 on that video
Old 10-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default Nice save...

Todd was driving his butt off....I think his tires were getting tired...he has beat me badly in the past, this time it was my turn.

I'll post up pics of the final results on the 30th.

Quick Reply: My 993 is almost home...