Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with RECARO Sportster and Planted bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 01:15 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone with RECARO Sportster and Planted bracket?

I have seen few 993's in the forum with these RECARO Sportster seats, however not sure what bracket are using.

I'm having a hard time to make this work in my 993, as the seat belt tab for the locking device protude too much with the bolt/nut (already thin and shaved to gain more gap) hit the seat mechanism of the structure from the back of the seat.

I already took of the plastic cover of the seat to gain more space, I also bent the seat belt tab the most i can towards to the tunnel of the car.
I'm using 04 hex botls supplied to secure the RECARO sliders (bolt on for the floor of the car) to secure the slider directly on the flooe, making the seat bracket (planted) "a sandwich" if that makes sense.

Just wanted to know if someone has gone through this setup in their 993 and how was done to make it work?

Any ideas?

Last edited by DiegoR; 12-04-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:38 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

mount the planted product to the car, then determine the location for the seat rails and drill holes and use grade 8 or better hardware.

I've used these in another make of car and really like that they are steel
Old 04-07-2022, 10:52 PM
c2_peter
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 57 Posts

Running into the same issue with Recaro Sportster CS's paired with Planted brackets. I reached out Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley for bracket information (found them through search) but while I wait for a response does any owner running Sportster CS's have input about what specific bracket to run to retain the stock 3-point belt?
Old 04-08-2022, 01:12 AM
MarinS4
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Dig through the archives and you’ll find what you need. I am running 3 point belts with Sparco EVO2’s on sliders. Can’t remember all the bits (13+ years ago) but I recall digging the info up here. Quite frankly there’s gold in these archives! Some pretty incredible shares/DIY stuff over the years.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:10 AM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by c2_peter
Running into the same issue with Recaro Sportster CS's paired with Planted brackets. I reached out Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley for bracket information (found them through search) but while I wait for a response does any owner running Sportster CS's have input about what specific bracket to run to retain the stock 3-point belt?
I am running those exact seats in my 96. I tried with the planted brackets and was never happy with the seatbelt tab. I called a few shops and they all said to drill the metal side bracket on the seat for the belt hardware. The recaro non tabbed sliders mount directly to the tub with factory hardware.

I ended up selling the planted brackets on eBay because vivid wouldn't take them back.

Quick Reply: Anyone with RECARO Sportster and Planted bracket?