Sponsored by:

Under tray removal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 04:27 AM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Under tray removal?

I recently had a vibration from the transmission on downchanges,particularly before the car was warmed up.I could not replicate this at will,but got it every now and then.

I had arranged to take it to the shop that looks after the car in a couple of weeks,in the meantime I have taken off my undertrays,to make things easier to examine.
A couple of the screws were loose and one of the turn key screws was missing,,,I have not heard or felt this vibration since removal.
has anyone else experienced such quirks with undertrays?

I intend to refit them as the wetter months approach here in the UK,but will it be ok to run around without them for a few weeks as I listen out for the vibration until I get it to the shop to check out.
car is a '95 993 RS 3.8...Cheers
Old 09-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I run without my understay all the time and have done it for couiple of years now, others even longer without any problems.

911's didn't have it, and I can't see what harm one could do without it.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:33 AM
clubsport1
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks F-F for the heads up,,,i was just concerned with the spray from wet roads covering the engine and any potential electrical problems.
I intend to refit them soonish,as it should help warm up times as the weather gets colder.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:35 AM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clubsport1

I have always heard it should be removed for better cooling. I have it off my current car and ran a 95 993 for four years without it with no problem. And like you say you can keep a good eye on things without it. Fluids show up easily.

Quick Reply: Under tray removal?