993 Forum 1995-1998

95 993 for sale in Boulder

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:13 AM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 95 993 for sale in Boulder

I havent seen this car in person, nor do I know what caused the car to become salvage. Posting for the board:

1995 993 - Red

http://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/5227623358.html
Old 09-19-2015, 11:26 AM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

$46k for a salvage title with 137k miles seems high... But good for him if he can get that price.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:29 AM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Porsche 993, lots of upgrades - $46000 (Boulder)
image 1

1995 Porsche 911

VIN: wpoaa2991ss321664
condition: salvage
odometer: 13700

Really hate to post this but due to some personal reasons I feel I must sell my 1995 Porsche 911 (993). I have owned this car for the past four years and I love it. Its fast, its beautiful, its fun, and it will make someone a really happy owner. While this car is a daily driver, its also setup as a track day toy. Its a 6 speed manual, Carrera 2 (rear wheel drive), with sunroof.

The list of performance modifications are extensive. From recollection (I am sure I am missing something) here they are:

Engine - chip, supercup exhaust (with removable baffles), air intake
Brakes - 993TT big brake kit with stainless steel lines and slotted, floating rotors (car comes with street and track pads)
Wheels - the very rare and much sought after authentic RUF rims (also comes with a set of track wheels)
Transmission - rebuilt last winter (many upgrades while open including steel gears), along with new medium weight flywheel and upgraded clutch, Kaaz Limited Slip Differential, short shift kit, goldenrod upgrade
Lights - HID headlights
Suspension - Vonn coilovers, RS bits, RS front and rear sway bars, all new bushings
Cosmetic - front TT bumper, turbo tail, both factory leather seats and Sparco racing seats (have driver and passenger seats for both), 996 3 spoke steering wheel, 996 carbon fiber shift ****, faux carbon trim (done by previous owner, actually looks very nice), rear wiper delete.
Upgraded stereo (note there are some wiring issues I never got around to resolving so the audio works but isn't that great)
DAS roll cage with camera mount (in the back- takes up rear seat room, free access to driver and passenger compartments)
Engine fan override switch

A lot of time and money has gone into this car. Like I said, I really don't want to sell it but some personal issues are taking center stage.

So now the disclaimer:
The car has 137K miles but the engine pulls strong and no leaks that I am aware of.
The car back in the early 2000's was the victim of a theft recovery and as such unfortunately has been branded with a salvage title.
There are signs of normal wear, it is a 1995 after all, but the car gets attention wherever it goes. I'm going to miss talking to all the car guys that come up to me wanting to talk about this vehicle. Its a special car and has brought me a lot of joy, I hope the next owner gets this same satisfaction out of it.
Please feel free to call, text, of e-mail me with any questions.
Please no joy rides but I am happy to show this car to serious potential buyers.

I will post more pics this weekend.

Originally Posted by ploglet
nor do I know what caused the car to become salvage.
The car back in the early 2000's was the victim of a theft recovery and as such unfortunately has been branded with a salvage title.
looks cool from 20 feet. narrow car with widebody stuff stuck on it. not cheap for a salvage frankenstein of body parts...
Old 09-19-2015, 11:33 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 363 Posts

Delusional pricing
Old 09-19-2015, 11:39 AM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car was on Auto Trader over a year ago...The Rufs alone are worth $4K
Old 09-19-2015, 01:53 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
Default MY95 a Frankenstein modded coupe with delusional pricing

+993
I've viewed this coupe in person at 2 feet, its Okay. My take then was its a track toy. While much of the surviving 993 production will follow the present day value trend upwards, some more than others. Some less.

My .02 cents is the market will speak for this MY95 in the mid to high $ twenties to low, low $ thirties commensurate with its Frankenstein modification position.

Best of luck to the seller.

P.S. The heated, full electric, Hardback Racing seats optioned in many of our 993's are worth $5,000 all day long.
Full leather, etc., what is that worth? Maybe one day the coupe has a "parting out" future. Long live the 993 911.

Originally Posted by pirahna
Delusional pricing

Quick Reply: 95 993 for sale in Boulder