Sponsored by:

Porschedials

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 12:59 PM
mehaas62
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porschedials responds!

This evening, Ed Ang of Porschedials.com, forwarded pictures of the completed effort. The tachometer face has an intentional hole for a digital voltmeter. Not very sporting not being analog, the car is being built for function. Colors were chosen to match the two-tone exterior of the car.Name:  DSC06964.JPG
Views: 645
Size:  122.2 KB

Name:  DSC06965.JPG
Views: 622
Size:  141.8 KB
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2016, 12:20 PM
kingston
Intermediate

Looking good fella, is that going to be the final ride height?

Just had an email from Ed and lo and behold, i have received a shipping number. Just checked and its in the hands of the Dutch National post.

Will be interesting to see if it comes in the colour i wanted and is for a 996.2 (though not sure if the dials are different to a 996.1?!?)

Will post pics and thoughts once received. Ironically, Ed had a day to respond to the paypal claim.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:50 PM
mehaas62
7th Gear

Default Update to PorscheDials

No, the final ride height will be between the standard ground clearance of the 911 at 4.5" and the 954 (the 1984 Paris-Dakar rally winner) at 10.5". The height is adjustable and will be dependent on the final weight and where we want the car to sit. Probably a ground clearance of 7" with a little room to go a bit higher.

The uploaded picture is of the car without its engine and transmission. They have been installed and the car has been driven, but I haven't seen them, yet. I am working overseas and will get to Houston in a couple of weeks.

The final push to complete the car awaits my return and I look forward to getting my hands dirty to finish the assembly.

Cheers, Mark

Originally Posted by kingston
Looking good fella, is that going to be the final ride height?

Just had an email from Ed and lo and behold, i have received a shipping number. Just checked and its in the hands of the Dutch National post.

Will be interesting to see if it comes in the colour i wanted and is for a 996.2 (though not sure if the dials are different to a 996.1?!?)

Will post pics and thoughts once received. Ironically, Ed had a day to respond to the paypal claim.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:48 PM
kingston
Intermediate

So the dials turned up last week and managed to get it fitted to the cluster yesterday, was worried about breaking the spindle teeth so ended up taking it to a pro. I did have a go myself but to no avail - went to Reap Automotive as hes an hour away.

Anyway, the colour isnt the correct but having read about someone on here having the same issue and having no joy with paypal, i decided to go ahead and get it fitted - It just means i have 3 shades of grey in the car now instead of 2.

You cant quite see the thickness but slightly thicker than OEM so it needed abit of shaving around the top notch, as in the laminate underneath at a 45 degree angle

oem

oem
Old 02-09-2016, 01:54 PM
kingston
Intermediate

i planned to fit them to the car today but screwed my back up last night so its a no go.

i do believe that if i hadnt of opened up a paypal claim i doubt i would have received them.

Given that it appears to be laminate on the back of something that is screen printed, im not sure what takes him so long to knock out the dials. When i was at Reap, Julian was fixing and repairing dials but not sure with Ed.

I am 'happy' with it (probably due to actually receiving the item, eyah yeah dont rub it in), but bit ****ed off its not the correct colour.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:45 AM
RedFatty
AutoX

i planned to fit them to the car today but screwed my back up last night so its a no go.

i do believe that if i hadnt of opened up a paypal claim i doubt i would have received them.

Given that it appears to be laminate on the back of something that is screen printed, im not sure what takes him so long to knock out the dials. When i was at Reap, Julian was fixing and repairing dials but not sure with Ed.

I am 'happy' with it (probably due to actually receiving the item, eyah yeah dont rub it in), but bit ****ed off its not the correct colour.
Congratulations Kingston!!! Finally you got them! Happy for you!
Old 02-10-2016, 01:48 AM
RedFatty
AutoX

Originally Posted by Madturk
Ed, responded to me last week as well. Yesterday he gave me a tracking number. Fingers crossed.
Madturk - I hope it gets to you.... Good luck!
Old 02-10-2016, 04:35 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 227 Likes on 185 Posts

So it begs the question "why not go to REAP first?"
Old 02-10-2016, 05:39 AM
kingston
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RedFatty
Congratulations Kingston!!! Finally you got them! Happy for you!
Thanks dude, kinda wish i just got a refund to be honest than allow him to carry on how he operates. I know my refund may not have hurt him that much but if enough people got a refund maybe he would improve his service etc.

I still think he is the middle man but there you go. On my first pic is what i assume to be, his address if it helps anyone?

Lets hope everyone else gets their dials now!

Originally Posted by 911PERVY
So it begs the question "why not go to REAP first?"
Because at the time of ordering i couldnt get hold of Julian @ Reap and thought he had closed down - didnt return emails or calls (turns out he was on holiday).
Old 02-24-2016, 04:51 AM
kingston
Intermediate

So did anyone else end up receiving their dials?
Old 02-24-2016, 10:17 AM
Sam P
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No - nothing

Sam
Old 02-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

This thread is starting to sound like a broken record 🤔
Old 02-24-2016, 03:15 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

multiple emails to him, still no response.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:41 PM
emissary
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to add to this thread, I ordered my dials on 3/9/2016 and was told two weeks. Fives weeks and four unanswered emails later, it's not looking good. I guess I should open a PayPal claim.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by emissary
Just to add to this thread, I ordered my dials on 3/9/2016 and was told two weeks. Fives weeks and four unanswered emails later, it's not looking good. I guess I should open a PayPal claim.
Why did you order on 3/19 after reading this thread ? You should of not order nothing
This seller needs this 🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫😱😱

Quick Reply: Porschedials