Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe we 993 owners own the pinnacle of the breed...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 03:16 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally posted by Sean993
I agree that Porsche has changed it's philosophy. When I see a 996 drive by you have to look closely to differentiate it from a Japanese car...
I am glad we are entitled to our opinions here and while we are... I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT. But if you are into Porsche bashing that would be the ultimate insult (and coming from a Porsche driver too...WOW what a slapdown).
Old 09-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Sean993
When I see a 996 drive by you have to look closely to differentiate it from a Japanese car, and you never hear it first.
The same type of criticism was displayed each time a new Porsche model was introduced. Yes, that includes our beloved 993. Oh, and at least you are able to *recognize* the 996 as a Porsche once you have looked closely. I almost thought that you sometimes go home thinking you had seen a Toyota or something like that.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:55 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Viken is correct. The S guys think anything built after the 70's look like a VW, the SC guys think anything after 83 look like a VW. The Carrera guys think anything built after 89 looks like a VW. The 964 guys think anything built after 94 looks like a VW. The 993 guys think anything built after 98 looks like a Japanese car. The 996 guys think anything built after 2003 looks like a Korean car (Hyundai Santa Fe).
Old 09-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can’t believe that anyone on this board would ever have to look closely to differentiate any 911 from a Japanese car or any other country of origin for that matter. Look at a 996 next to a 993 and the lineage is very clear, at least to me.

I hope this thread doesn’t get out of hand because we’re all Porsche owners and 911 owners in the end. From my experience at the track and on the street I have as much in common with any 911 owner as I do with any 993 owner. Someone is going to take offense at a comment that can only be viewed as negative about their model of 911.

If the 993 you own is best 911 for you, then you should easily be able to understand that someone else’s 996 is the best 911 for them. One doesn’t need to be better than the other to maintain its “best” for you status.

I have spent a lot of time in both cars and I would be just as happy with either. Like most everyone else on this board, I love modifying my cars, so whichever one I owned at the time it would most likely be modified to my liking. So, 911 and let 911 whatever flavor that may be

Hank

Quick Reply: Maybe we 993 owners own the pinnacle of the breed...