Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 993 Dashboard/Instrument Lights Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 03:57 AM
sparky57
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm experiencing the same problem in my 1997 993. Though my my dash/instrument lights are lighting up when I first turn on the headlights. Then after a few minutes of driving, the dash/instrument lights go out. I then quickly turn the headlight switch to the off position, then back to the on position and the dash/instrument lights turn back on for a couple of minutes and then go out again. On a recent drive it got to the point that turning the headlight switch off/on no longer turned the dash lights back on. Then I pulled out the R24 (Control Lights Unit) relay and reseated it. Turned on the headlight switch and voila the dash lights were working again. Then drove the car with the headlights on and it's back to the same behavior. The dash lights only stay on for a couple of minutes. Note that the previous owner experienced a similar problem before I bought the car and said he recently replaced the dimmer switch, headlight switch and the R24 relay. So each of those components are pretty new. My guess is it's a faulty relay or perhaps a bad socket relay? What else would cause this problem?
Old 01-25-2022, 10:25 AM
jackdfitch
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 98 993 coupe intstrument lights work with parking lights but do not work with headlights, I'm guessing problem with light switch???

Appreciate any help.

Thanks, Jack

Quick Reply: 1995 993 Dashboard/Instrument Lights Not Working