Sponsored by:

Help: my car is dead !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 06:11 AM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Greg D.
...PS: as for Schumi, yeas, I am not a fan. The ferrari-michelin whining, the "cut across you" maneuvers at the start, the team orders and careful team mate selection, all the stuff he's done in the past (vs Hill and Villeneuve), I think the guy is a dirt bag - though I do not deny he his the best . I was hoping Montoya would pass him on the outside again and make Ross brawn choke on his lunch... Too bad...
Pfffff!

Schumi RULES !!!
Old 09-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 140 Posts

Ok, just to confirm !!! It was indeed the battery - thanks all...

The reason it was not obvious to Bozo is that when the lying voltmeter was put on it, it indicated 12V. Low but not that low. It was in fact flat when I put it on the charger, like 20% charge and would not recharge apparently!

The optima red top is close in CCA, 700 vs 650, and it fits well, no problems whatsoever reaching the terminals posts with the wires. The car ran superbly, and incidentally my ballast resistor fix worked well too, I got good AC airflow these days ! That little scare made me appreciate my 993 even more ! Thanks guys !
Old 09-15-2003, 04:19 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg D.

To bea the dead horse....

I jujst went through a similar situation, though when I first replaced the DME relay, I could start the car after a couple of tries... But then it became clear that the battery just wasn't strong, and Optima Red Top was installed. Started perfectly, all is/was well.

BTW - I swapped the DME relay again just o check if both it and the battery were bad, and the car starts and runs fine with the old relay, so the battery seems to be a common issue.

FWIW, I picked up a Porsche battery maintainer, since I suspect the car will be driven less this winter....
Old 09-15-2003, 06:09 PM
SLVR
Pro

Chris - Enjoy it whilst it lasts, any moment now Williams will find another loophole and do the Mansell tour all over ;-)
Old 09-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by SLVR97TT
Chris - Enjoy it whilst it lasts, any moment now Williams will find another loophole and do the Mansell tour all over ;-)
I hope that's the case, but w/ JPM as the driver. The way things are shaping up, it seems as if he maybe a McLaren driver sooner than later.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:51 PM
OPTIMO
Instructor

That's because Sauber - a ferrari powered car - was paid to hold up JPM.

Quick Reply: Help: my car is dead !!!