Sponsored by:

nice surprise with the Fister 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 07:50 PM
spikej
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Michel M.
I do not want to nitpick, but if it revs faster, wouldn´t it actually have more horsepower?
I was thinking less restricted flow and therefore revs easier without more hp, much like having a lighter flywheel.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:27 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^^^ without a change (or removal of cats) the flow is not enhanced, by just about any muffler. The beautiful sound, creates a euphoric effect, which tricks the brain into thinking you have more HP. Just like "crack".
Old 07-07-2015, 01:46 PM
spikej
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
^^^^^^ without a change (or removal of cats) the flow is not enhanced, by just about any muffler. The beautiful sound, creates a euphoric effect, which tricks the brain into thinking you have more HP. Just like "crack".
Thanks for clarification. Guess I'll stay with crack!😉
Old 07-07-2015, 01:52 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by spikej
Thanks for clarification. Guess I'll stay with crack!😉
Fisters are cheaper than crack in a long run.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:39 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
The only downfall of using the "Fisters" as a drug instead of crack, is you can't get SSI disability income for your "disability".
Old 07-07-2015, 02:41 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
...Are you speaking from experience?

I do not want to nitpick, but if it revs faster, wouldn´t it actually have more horsepower?
Less rotating mass within the engine (LWFW) allows the motor to spin up faster without making a nat's *** more hp.

Want your car to feel like its got more HP/torque; lighten the load...Sprung and unsprung; rotating mass or otherwise.

The only downfall of using the "Fisters" as a drug instead of crack, is you can't get SSI disability income for your "disability".
That, and the Fisters prolly wont kill you as quickly, or devastate your bank account!
Old 07-07-2015, 03:06 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
...Are you speaking from experience?
The side of my race car has had this sticker for the last 16 seasons: "Aurocross - as addictive as drugs but more expensive".

I can't afford crack. Hoosiers cost approximately $14 a minute.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Michel M.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six

Less rotating mass within the engine (LWFW) allows the motor to spin up faster without making a nat's *** more hp.

Want your car to feel like its got more HP/torque; lighten the load...Sprung and unsprung; rotating mass or otherwise.

Okay, now I might sound very dumb, but... I always thought that when the flywheel is lightened there is also less power lost in the drivetrain, which then translates into minor power gain on the wheels, while the power on the crank stays the same. So not only the engine "moves" quicker while off gear, since the flywheel holds less momentum, it also means there is more power on the ground, therefore the car accelerates faster and therefore the engine rise up in revs faster too, while actually under load. Not saying it is a huge difference, just that it is there. Am I completely bollocks?

And sorry for hijacking the thread!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:58 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Michel M.
Okay, now I might sound very dumb, but... I always thought that when the flywheel is lightened there is also less power lost in the drivetrain, which then translates into minor power gain on the wheels, while the power on the crank stays the same. So not only the engine "moves" quicker while off gear, since the flywheel holds less momentum, it also means there is more power on the ground, therefore the car accelerates faster and therefore the engine rise up in revs faster too, while actually under load. Not saying it is a huge difference, just that it is there. Am I completely bollocks?

And sorry for hijacking the thread!
You're not completely "bollocks". Pull about 25 lbs of rotating mass, directly off of the end of the crank, can/should equal a measurable (albeit tiny) increase in power. Not just faster revving, but an increase of output due to loss of restriction (weight). I may be "completely bollocks", but common sense says if the engine produces a certain amount of HP at a given weight, reducing the draw on the engine, should free up extra hp. Maybe I just need another drink.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Michel M.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
You're not completely "bollocks". Pull about 25 lbs of rotating mass, directly off of the end of the crank, can/should equal a measurable (albeit tiny) increase in power. Not just faster revving, but an increase of output due to loss of restriction (weight). I may be "completely bollocks", but common sense says if the engine produces a certain amount of HP at a given weight, reducing the draw on the engine, should free up extra hp. Maybe I just need another drink.
That is exactly what I was thinking

Also I´ve never looked that B word up in the dictionary, so I might used it in a completely inappropriate way.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

Hi, my name is Joe...and I'm a Stage III aholic.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Rockit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's very possible your old exhaust system was restricted in some way....Rust, mouse turds whatever from sitting....and now you have a normal exhaust, so no crack...except maybe your butt crack if your into the new fad wearing your pants around your knees.

Quick Reply: nice surprise with the Fister 3