993 Forum 1995-1998

Griot's BOSS Polish System

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Richard Kent
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griot's BOSS Polish System

I have been using a Porta Cable polisher for years on my 993 and am tempted by the hype of the new long throw polishers, Rupe and BOSS system.
Are theses buffers worth the upgrade from my PC?
Old 07-04-2015, 11:12 PM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd pose this question in the Concourse forum. My opinion, while new technology generally improves the ease and effectiveness of tools - it's still possible to get great results with a PC. Unless you machine polish frequently, I wouldn't be upgrading until my current machine kicks the bucket.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:00 AM
LJ993
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a porter cable 7225, a Flex 3401 and the Rupes 21. There is a huge difference between the Flex and Rupes vs. the Porter Cable. The Flex is direct drive and just won't bog down. The Rupes has a great throw, does an amazing job, but will bog down on side panels The Porter Cable is great for what it is, that said, it has limitation. I my opinion, you can achieve much better results with the Flex or the Rupes vs. what you can achieve with the Porter Cable. I put a 3 1/2 inch backing plate on my Porter Cable and I use it to get the harder to reach areas. There are some contours on the 993 that you just can buff very well with the larger 6 inch pads vs the 4 inch that I have on my Porter Cable. The BOSS System is getting rave reviews over on the Autogeek Forum. I haven't tried one yet, but it looks like a great machine. If you are in the San Diego area, you are welcome to try them out for yourself. Good luck. Phil

Quick Reply: Griot's BOSS Polish System