Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have named three sons but that doesn't mean anything:

How about Alexander Joseph Ferraro

You could call him Alec, Alex or AJ.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:05 AM
sy308
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to my wife, who is Italian, the child should be named after a deceased relative. This shows RESPECT for the family and traditions. Typically, the name would be a derrivitive of the relative or use the first letter of that person. I noticed your last name is Ferraro. If you were Ferrari, then Enzo would be OK. My wife suggested Carrera for the middle name, but this would violate the naming rule unless you had a "C" relative somewhere in the past. Your second SON should be named after the father, by the way. I presume your wife is not Jewish, because the naming rules there are quite specific. One is pretty much obligated to name all children after a deceased relative, although not all families keep this hard rule for first name. My suggestion is to look at your family tree, or stick to a bible name for starters. That will show great respect for the past. I personally think naming a child after a car or some automotive venue is pretty stupid and asking strangers to help you might be an indication of some personality disorder. So perhaps you should feel free to ask the forum here for baby and child rearing advice here from time to time. Why not look at Rennlist as your personal "Doctor Laura" for advice and suggestions! We can't wait. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:55 PM
OPTIMO
Instructor

Lapped.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:05 PM
kevin993c4
Advanced

"Carrero"
Old 09-16-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech-Law
Pro

For those of you that were astute enough to realize that my tongue was firmly planted in check - the final name is:

Alexander Enzo Renn Ferry Race Csaba Alessandro JimBob Mario Edwina Anirban Butzi Jordan Bubba Action Gert Gauge Dino Dario Emilio Calvino Tazio Luigi Trebek Lapped Carrero Ferraro.

For those whiz kids who were unable to discern a joke from a serious request for assistance - I'm selling a large bridge which begins on the island of Manhattan and terminates in Brooklyn - I take Paypal.

Quick Reply: Help Naming New Son