Sponsored by:

Ran over a deer last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 09:30 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
But I definitely don't push it like I used to push myself on Race City Speedway when it was open because I am always fearful that Bambi will be standing in the middle of the road at the next blind corner.
Just to be clear, Bambi is never standing in the middle of the road. She hides in the trees until you get a little closer and then makes a run for it.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:28 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Some good news...

Local Porsche dealer checked it out and mechanicals got a clean bill of health, nothing bent, broken or loose in the suspension, wheels, brakes etc. Alignment was out a bit on front passenger corner where it hit the hardest, but just barely out; they dialled it back to spec for me.

Body shop had a look while it was on the hoist and are working up their estimate. I asked for separate breakdown with & without repairing the bumper cover... maybe I will be able to present the CFO with a business case to replace the bumper cover with euro or turbo, or at least get RS splitters.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:52 AM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

GREAT NEWS!!

RS SPLITTERS R V NICE
Old 07-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Derek911
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car was once hit by a deer ... literally: HIT BY A DEER -- not the other way around.

I slowed to a stand-still when I saw it in the distance. The world's dumbest deer eventually decided to cross in front, but instead of walking in front of me (at a stand-still!) it made a half-hearted attempt to jump over my hood. I can still hear the hoof colliding with metal as the idiot beast didn't jump high enough, instead hitting its foot on the fender and sliding back where it started.
...then it finally decided to walk in front of me

[Luckily, wasn't in a Porsche that day.][/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, in my truck thankfully. I see the deer... slow down to let him pass... The deer takes off running one way, then turns back toward me and runs right into my rear quarter so hard I thought he killed himself. He gets up and runs away. I don't even want to image if I were in the Porsche.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:16 AM
frankv
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw, a couple of people have mentioned that the bumper is repairable. I have some similar recent damage to my bumper from running over a few cones (even getting one caught under the bumper) in a DE event. Is this something I can DIY or is this a body shop repair.

Frank

Quick Reply: Ran over a deer last night