My Radical For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:34 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

.....not to stir up (too) much sh*t, but I bet GhettoRacer would be interested in your car Mark! With two days of coaching I'm sure HE WILL shave seconds off your lap times!

ooooh - I feel a haiku coming on!
Old 09-12-2003, 11:18 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by pig4bill
Mark, so what are you going to run in the OTC? I doubt you can convince anyone there is a street version of a Stohr. With Mumford kicking *** in the Speed World Challenge, he might not have time to run the OTC next year. If you leave too, Hayashi might have a shot to win it all. We can't have that now, can we?
LOL. I don't think they are going to allow the Radicals in OTC again. What most people don't know is that we had terrible tires for OTC - only hard compunds were available and they were a disaster in those conditions (those tires work when it is 90 degress out in full sun). DJ did an incredible job sliding that car around, and as a team, we fed him all the fresh tires. There are now much, much better tires available, so if the Radicals were allowed in OTC, I would expect the times to fall quite a bit.

OTOH, I am game to contibuting to any effort that helps ensure that Hayashi doesn't win.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:23 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally posted by C4 Guy
.....not to stir up (too) much sh*t, but I bet GhettoRacer would be interested in your car Mark! With two days of coaching I'm sure HE WILL shave seconds off your lap times!

ooooh - I feel a haiku coming on!
You found my secret
I'll coach a really fast guy
They'll make me faster
Old 09-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Will the Stohr be yellow?

Do you need more decals?
Old 09-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Also, Mark, if no HWFM teammate buys the Radical, I'd be willing to mount the infamous splitter on the Wall of Shame... errr Fame, that I am starting inside the HWFM Racing World HQ enclosed trailer. (Lugging around a little more junk would make no difference to the 7.5mpg Durango.)

That is of course only if you want to assume your rightful place in team lore...

Old 09-12-2003, 11:35 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

The Stohr comes unpainted. I am opting for the lightweight bodywork which I understand does not have gelcoat, so it won't look as pretty as the Radical finish. OTOH, lighter is better.

My plan, at this point, is a combination of Yellow, Blue and White. I am looking at the old Williams paint schemes for ideas. I need to play with some drawings/photos of the Stohr to see how it will look.

As far as the splitter, you are welcome to it if the buyer does not see the value of such an historic item. LOL

Quick Reply: My Radical For Sale