Sponsored by:

M490 speaker box wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 02:32 PM
GRUWEZ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default M490 speaker box wiring question

I managed to find original speaker boxes for my 993, complete with speakers. So far the good news. On the back of each speaker box is a red connector with four wires: brown, yellow, green and grey. But I cannot seem to find any connectors in the door that could attach to it. Is this perhaps an optional wiring connector? Perhaps for the phone or DSP? I could not find any trace on the wiring diagram either.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:35 PM
pilotjosh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine had the same, and it was unused. My best guess is for the DSP that I don't have.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:51 PM
GRUWEZ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pilotjosh
Mine had the same, and it was unused. My best guess is for the DSP that I don't have.
Thanks for the confirmation!
Old 05-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can confirm that the red connector attaches to the DSP controlled module that is hidden in the door pocket on the driver's side. I presume that both left and right speaker boxes have this wiring so that the parts are interchangeable for LHD and RHD cars.

The DSP controller is on that diagram a little left of center labeled "DSP Actuator Head" if I'm reading it right. The thick black line that runs across the thin lines, which represent the wiring, represents the connector. (Assuming I'm reading the diagram correctly.)

Last edited by Spyder_Man; 05-30-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply: M490 speaker box wiring question