Sponsored by:

Additional items when installing 997 seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Detoxx
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Additional items when installing 997 seats

Just adding a few items when installing 997 seats that I found useful. Note: I used the Brey-Krause adapters when installing.
In order to make rail hole large enough when installing the nut with the adapters I had to dremel out the hole in the rail (see red in photo). Without enlarging the hole I could not get a socket on the nut as the tolerance between the nut and circumference was to tight. Once I dremeled the hole to enlarge it I could use a longer socket on it.

I found the front stock the 993 receptacles way to long on the 997 seats. IMO (disclaimer: i'm not a automotive engineer so my opinion might not amount for much) they are actually a safety hazard as they cause the belt to sit a few inches above the waist on one side. I used the rear seat belt buckles and the belt lays across the waist as I'd expect. The rear seat buckles have plastic on one side that lies across the hole where it attaches to the seat. I cut that part of the plastic off so the metal attachment to the seat is exposed on both side. See image of both buckles in image. Be careful not to cut the web.

Note: 944 buckles can be use as well, they're interchangeable. They just have a different part number. (Couldn't find this in the forum search or else where so I thought I'd add it here). I believe 968 buckles would work as well.

I find these seats much more comfortable than the stock seats in the 993
Old 05-17-2015, 01:14 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Do they add much headroom? Based on the belt receptacle length looks like it might be a couple of inches or so?
Old 05-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Detoxx
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You loose headroom with these seats. I'm 5'10" and sit pretty upright, saying that I have about 4-5" till my head hits the liner. With my helmet on (for an autox), I have about 1-2". If your above 6ft I'd check to ensure you have enough room with these 997 seats. I believe this information has been posted before.
The normal receptacle is the one not attached, it has a very stiff plastic coating which prevents it from bending and keeps the belt a couple of inches above ones waist on that side. You could probably cut the coating but the buckle would almost be near the middle of your lap. I don't think the shoulder strap is meant to be that far from the hip however.

Quick Reply: Additional items when installing 997 seats