Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Cheapest nationwide auto insurance for 911?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 01:42 AM
Scott K 993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone using Wawanessa post a phone number and agent to call. Trying to buy 933 and Farmers wants both arms and one leg. Geico - hate to say it, gives a good quote over the internet but not sure if they won't do something after they have my policy.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 06-03-2003, 03:22 AM
RT7
Burning Brakes

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Scott K 993:
<strong>Can anyone using Wawanessa post a phone number and agent to call. Trying to buy 933 and Farmers wants both arms and one leg. Geico - hate to say it, gives a good quote over the internet but not sure if they won't do something after they have my policy.

Thanks,
Scott</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">You can fill out the information on the web and they will reply within 1 week. <a href="http://www.wawanesa.com/insure_product.asp#auto" target="_blank">Wawanesa Insurance</a>
Old 06-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 281 Posts
I found Nationwide was 30% cheaper than State Farm and Allstate in GA for high performance cars/clean records, and they provide excellent service.

I won't give State Farm another dime ever due to their behavior in stalling on payments and fighting Diminished Value. GEICO drops you after your second claim, and gives out free radar guns to revenue collectors.

Find a company you can work with and stick with em to build a relationship.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:09 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I had Travellers for many years, switched Progressive and saved about $400.00. I think Amico or USAA are one of the better insurances, but I choice Progressive as it is very easy to switch between comp only to full coverage. I sometimes cannot use my car for month(s) and switching over the same day to full coverage was useful for me. Progressive seemed to provide more of the flexibility than other carriers.

Saving money on insurance is fine, but to me, it is more important you pay additional dollars for a umbrella liability policy that is usually through homeowners insurance. This includes the additional liability for your vehicles/home if there was ever a Legal action against the you. 500K is very too thin liabability, imo.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:28 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I switched from State Farm to Nationwide and saved a fortune. I'm a 37 year old married guy with 3 cars on the policy. My 98 993 Cabriolet is a "recreational use" (low annual mileage) vehicle and I pay under $700 a year to insure it. Coverage is 100/300 with a $500 deductible.

You really have to demand all the discounts you are entitled to because they don't volunteer many of them. Here's a few:

- Low annual mileage (non-commuting) vehicle
- Alarm system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Good driver discount
- Multi-car discount
- Garaged
- Dual airbags
- Higher deductible

All these things can reduce your rate. I've not filed a claim with Nationwide so I can't speak to their responsiveness or professionalism in that area.

MC
Old 06-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

I called Nationwide, and they refused to insure my car, because:

I have a PSS9 kit installed.

You'd think a more maneuverable car would be an asset, but NOOOO...
Old 06-03-2003, 08:40 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Robert, how did your PSS9 kit come up when you were talking to Nationwide?

Quick Reply: Cheapest nationwide auto insurance for 911?