Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 08:20 PM
nels415
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recommendation for alignment shop besides Custom Alignment

Hey guys,

I've searched the archives, only two recommendations.

1) Custom Alignment, called them, they don't have an opening until Sept. 15th. (they must be good)

2) racer's group, the person i spoke to believe's they don't do regular service anymore.

Any others close by S.F.?

-nelson
Old 09-04-2003, 08:26 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nelson,

You might try Rich Bontempi at High Performance House in Redwood City. http://www.highperformancehouse.com/ He is into Porsches and Vipers (he goes both ways). He did a couple of things on the Viper I had. I'd give him a call..
Old 09-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kraus Tires in San Leandro. I don't think I've ever seen a car other than a Porsche on their alignment rack. They do a great job and are a pleasure to deal with. (I've had alignments done at both Kraus and Custom Alignment.)
Old 09-04-2003, 10:57 PM
nels415
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:25 PM
RunRun
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

No affiliations but just want to share my experience with you guys on my very satisfied alignment service I received from at Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley.

Brandon Kraus (who races also) spent more than 3 hours making sure my DIY H&R coilover, front M030, rear RS sway installation is good, set ride height, corner weight with me in the car, aligned with the kinematic toe guage, test drove and throughly explained what he did to the car during and after the alignment. He even helped me to fix my separated rear RS sway link due to the common sway bracket movement! Also, a booklet of printouts that has all the settings is given to me as well. Truly professional and accomodating.

Definitely give them a call and you'll find out they charge a very reasonable rates compared to other well known shops in the Bay area too.

What a difference a set of suspension do the car!!! Now I know how bad my car handles before!!

Rick
97 C2 Zenith Blue
LWF, H&R coilover, M030 front sway, RS rear sway

Quick Reply: Recommendation for alignment shop besides Custom Alignment