Good experience cleaning our carpets with Audi's Active Foam Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Good experience cleaning our carpets with Audi's Active Foam Cleaner

Hey Guys,

Having realized our cars likely have more square footage of textile than leather , I spent a good amount of time cleaning up my grey carpets, which needed some freshening up. I had used with great results Audi's Active Foam Cleaner (sold at any Audi dealership) on my Audi's white headliner (which is a bit of PITA to clean given it gets dirty easily with the sunroof open), so I decided to give it a try on the carpet area. It did wonders. Sadly I did not take before and after pics, but once finised with the interior I will post some pics of how she looks (extensive leather clinic scheduled for this coming weekend).

As the name suggests, as you spray it on, a foam forms, and you can easily just wipe off with a clean cotton rag. You don't even need to scrub hard, it actually does most of the work for you. I was able to get rid of all the heavy soiling near the pedal area. as well as a few small stains from grease right by the seat rails (PO must have applied a generous portion on these). Quick directions:

The 10 oz. aerosol can of Audi Active Foam Cleaner is suitable for use on all materials, including cushions, seat coverings, textiles, interior glass, and Cabriolet soft tops. This cleaner is anti-bacterial, and neutralizes odors. Just spray on the surface you want to clean, allow the product to act for a short while, and then rub off with a cloth. It also neutralizes any odor that might have been captured and gives you a fresh 'laundry' aroma that lasts.

It's about $12 list at the dealer, most sell for under $10 if you state you are a member of an Audi club or forum site (e.g. Audizine, quattroworld, etc.)
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Good experience cleaning our carpets with Audi's Active Foam Cleaner