Sponsored by:

HWFM Race Report: Road America Club Race Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003 | 11:00 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Mid-West Turtles,

I've been out of touch, but finally have a high speed connection again! Sounds like a great event, and I'm now second guessing the move back to Virginia.

Sounds like it was a great event!!!!

I'd love to come and visit the Turle friends at PP, but still trying to get rid of all the boxes, so definately next year.

I'm now going to start implementing my strategic plan to build the Turtle presence on the east coast. I may need some good ideas from the Big Daddy and the Founding Region.

Keep safe and don't go too fast.

-Skip
Old 09-05-2003 | 11:48 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

You're already doing the right things -- Going to tracks, and putting up posts in anticipation.

"We're not the fastest, but we're the funnest." as our saying goes.

A group of people having fun seems to attract more of the same. Plus free alcohol helps.

Good luck with it Skip. We missed you up at Road America. I should have counted cars -- I think we had more cars in The Pond than Eurosport had in their compound. Perhaps we should consider a couple of Semi Transporters as our next purchase.
Old 09-05-2003 | 12:18 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like it was a blast and I bet a couple of Semi transporters would increase the pond size.

Enjoy,
Old 09-05-2003 | 12:34 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Guys, Sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you. I just couln't seem to get to the Turtle Pond(like a new fish, er Turtle in the Pond) RA's quite a bit bigger than Lime Rock or even Watkins Glen!
Perhaps, I can get "Slowest Turtle to the Pond" honorary...till next year.
Our Tech/Wrench/ Car Hauler #40 in G was leading the way till a 944 couldn't make turn 14 and lost it, which caused #40 to "T" bone 'em. We tried to straighten things out but looks like the Tubs lost. They came out OK.
Bill

Quick Reply: HWFM Race Report: Road America Club Race Weekend