New to the board ('95 993 C2 Cab)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 01:11 AM
AustinL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New to the board ('95 993 C2 Cab)

Hi everyone, I am new to the board.

I got my Porsche, a '95 Midnight Blue 993 C2 Cab, this past October. I actually bought it from my Father who was in the process of purchasing a new weekend car (Ferrari 360 Spyder).

If you would like to see pictures, please visit: http://www.austinlingerfelt.com/phot...sche/index.htm

The car is in great condition besides a few paint blemishes from chips due to driving, but the car only has 38,000 miles on it, so it is like brand new. Before I bought it from my Dad, he paid to have a full leather interior put in with aluminum trim.

I am currently on the list at my local Porsche dealership for a 996 turbo, but after reading many of the Posts on this board, I am seriously considering keeping this 993. I would like to get it repainted and I would like to put some sort of supercharger on it. Does anyone have any ideas.

I am new to the board, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Old 01-03-2002, 01:36 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome austin!,
Old 01-03-2002, 12:18 PM
neunelf
Racer

Welcome aboard tcuguy and congrats on your 'new' 993!
Here are my thoughts.

1) with 38,000 miles you more or less have a new car and knowing the seller (father) you have an invaluable insight as to your cars history/maintance. So if its been a well kept reliable car then one vote for Keeping.

2)If you only have had the car since October I say live with and love it longer. Another vote for Keeping.

3)Newer isn't always better. I personally am not terribly fond of the 996. The 993 has that special air cooled feeling. And as far as appearance goes NO Porsche looks nicer to me than a 993. Maybe the new 911 in 2005 will be the time to change. Another Keeper vote.

4)One of the joys of owning a car is modifying it to your personal tastes. Take the time to really get to know the car and tinker with it. Make it your car. Keeper again.

5)If you have any desires to do DE days and you are new to the track then another vote for Keeper. I would rather start at the track with a 993 versus a powerful/shiney/costly 996TT.

6) I would be hard pressed to swap my 993 even up for a new 996. Probably wouldn't. But swapping for a 996TT now that would be a really tough choice. Those Turbos are desirable. One reluctant vote for Trade.

Total
5 votes for keeping
1 vote for trading

As for your paint chips unless they are very annoying to you just use some touch-up paint. At most you probably would just have to repaint your front bumper. Once that's done waa-laa you visually have a 'new' car again

Enjoy one of Porsches highest moments with your 993.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:08 PM
MarkC
Instructor

Austin, where did those carpets/floor mats come from!
Old 01-03-2002, 05:04 PM
AustinL
Advanced

My father had the custom mats made. Unfortunately, due to his habit of wearing cowboy boots, the driver's side mat was worn out when I purchased the car from his. I have sinced replaced the mats with standard Porsche floor mats matching the midnight blue color of my car.

Quick Reply: New to the board ('95 993 C2 Cab)