Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the aerokit for a C2S called...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 09:10 PM
993Widebody
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post What is the aerokit for a C2S called...

and what is the part#.

I know there are aerokit 1 and 1b
and aerokit turbo II, etc...

I believe the front chin spoiler and rear bi-plane spoiler for a C2S is the aerokit turbo II. Can anyone confirm this? Also, can someone confirm that these are the only two pieces for the kit?

I'm getting itchy to make the C2S look a bit more aggressive.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2002, 10:04 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rob,

The aerokit for the wide-body 993's (Carrera S and C4S) is called the Turbo S aerokit, or alternatively, the Turbo II aerokit. The aerokit I and IB are for narrow body cars.

I don't have the part number, but the Turbo S aerokit includes a front chin spoiler that attaches to the bottom of your wide-body front bumper cover, and the rear spoiler, which is actually a whole new decklid. The whole deal will cost you about $4900-$6k, depending on where you look. Talk to Gert at www.carnewal.com where he has a good price. I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but it sure is pricey.

Here is a related thread that has pictures:

Aerokit for Carrera S

Will
Old 01-03-2002, 01:00 PM
Mike in Switzerland
Instructor

Rob

I did a similar thing when girls I know started to say my 993 was cute! (One still refers to it as my girly car..:-( )

I wanted a fairly agressive "Street Racer" look so I combined the GT2 front splitter, the GT2 rear wing, the Turbo S front air intakes and the RS black side skirts. All in I'm extremely happy with the look.

One massive benefit was improved handling at motorway speeds - the car is completely rock solid in corners with the back end absolutely "glued" to the road. It now tracks arrow straight at speed with none of the floaty feeling the standard front end used to exhibit. (I live in Northern Switzerland, 4 km's from the South German border - useful for "research trips" ! ;-) )

The wing is adjustable to six angles of downforce but I've left it standard as it suits me fine.

Hopefully the pictures have uploaded properly.

Regards

Mike
http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/My...-Quality15.jpg
http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/My...-Quality15.jpg
Old 01-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Tom 97 C2-S, So. Cal.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rob:
My window sticker reads "Aerokit II Front/Rear Spoiler.... $7,047.00"

You might also try MA Shaw(714) 730-6917. No affiliation, just have seen his ads, and talked to him once regarding a possible Turbo S Fog Light set-up.

Regards,
Tom
97C2S w/aero II
02C4 Cab
Old 01-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am planning on visiting Mike at MA Shaw this Saturday after the Orange Coast Region's monthly Breakfast get-together, so if anyone has any questions, let me know and I will try to ask them.

I am looking at the Turbo S front splitter and rear wing.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
I looked at Mike in Switzerland's car picture. He has the 993 RS CS (Rennsport Clubsport) set up. This is a narrow body deal.His side skirts are for a narrow body, but you could certainly mount up the tail. You already have side skirts, so to speak.

In addition to Mike Shaw, check out Better Bodies Motorsports in San Diego. I am sure they can fix you up.

If you really want to look bad ***, check in with Mike Schatz at Mike Schatz Motorsports. He is a FVD dealer. FVD has some wild and wooly aerodynamic aids for your car. And Mike is just the guy to take care of you. Drop him a note...info@schatzmotorsport.com
null
Old 01-03-2002, 07:56 PM
Mike in Switzerland
Instructor

Schacht993

you are right about the front and sides but the rear tail is the GT2 version not the Club Sport - I looked at the Clubsport tail and I thought it was too tall - it (imho) jarred with the narrow-body looks.

The GT2 tail seems to help fatten-out the rear and is lower in the side profile.

I'm now just waiting to hear about a friends supercharger upgrade before I take the plunge.....

Regards

Mike
Old 01-03-2002, 09:19 PM
993Widebody
Racer

Thanks for the replies. The best price I found for this is $4500, so you are still looking at over 5k with painting/installation. I would rather spend that kind of money on a new close ratio transmission.

I have heard good things about MA Shaw and apparently they make a duplicate Turbo S rear wing and front chin spoiler of fantastic quality that is less than half the price. I think this is the way to go. I usually like to stick to Porsche OEM parts, but IMO, this is one time where I will probably depart from that line of thinking.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:23 PM
993Widebody
Racer

Originally posted by Pete Lech:
<STRONG>I am planning on visiting Mike at MA Shaw this Saturday after the Orange Coast Region's monthly Breakfast get-together, so if anyone has any questions, let me know and I will try to ask them.

I am looking at the Turbo S front splitter and rear wing.</STRONG>
Pete, you might want to ask if we order three sets of the Turbo S rear wing and front spoiler if he would consider a discount. You, Will, and myself are probably three buyers right there. It can't hurt to ask, and even if we could get a small discount(5-10%) that would be well worth it.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:02 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Rob of NJ - 993 C2S:
<STRONG>

Pete, you might want to ask if we order three sets of the Turbo S rear wing and front spoiler if he would consider a discount. You, Will, and myself are probably three buyers right there. It can't hurt to ask, and even if we could get a small discount(5-10%) that would be well worth it.</STRONG>
Sounds like a plan. I certainly will ask.

Mike told me yesterday that you don't have to remove the front bumper to install his splitter as you do with the factory part.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:11 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

I know that Gert gives good discounts on shipping stuff like this with more than one order.

E. J.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:57 AM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Mike in Switzerland:
<STRONG>I'm now just waiting to hear about a friends supercharger upgrade before I take the plunge.....

Regards

Mike </STRONG>

Mike, what ARE you playing at !!!

So much for the 'I might have to sell it' line.
I guess you've decided against the RS or the TT now though, right ?

I guess I'm going to be partly to blame though, since that meet at Burger King - Guildford. Looks good.
I suppose I better get the side skirts too now, so mine doesn't look 'underdressed'

Hope you had a good Christmas.

Cheers,
John. (P.S. sold that plate yet ??)
Old 01-09-2002, 07:27 PM
Mike in Switzerland
Instructor

John

Happy New Year to you too! I hope you and sally had a good holiday.

I know, I know - I keep meaning to "DO" something but then work gets in the way.

Anyway if there was one thing that should'nt confuse my thinking it's this:

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/LP...enfromside.jpg

It's gorgeous - LP400S with black leather - 24'000 uk to you squire!

It's in a garage a dangerously-close 40 miles from here........
Old 01-10-2002, 11:01 AM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mike, it looks nice, but I prefer the later Lambos, which are waaaay out of my price range. If you can find me an F40 for that sort of money though, I'd manage to find it somehow

I'm currently back to my favourite dream of building either a GT40 replica, or an Ultima.
Once my garage is finished I'll have the room again (just not the money).

Its getting so bad that I'm even starting to dream about cars !!

Cheers,
John.
"he who dies with the most toys, wins..." Me, 2002.

Quick Reply: What is the aerokit for a C2S called...