Sponsored by:

Long Seatbelts

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 04:33 AM
CS993
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Seatbelts

I have read in the archives that it is common to have longer seat belts fitted in order to fit a child seat (rear).

I'm assuming that I already have long seat belts as I can almost clip the rears into to the front seat!

Is it normal that the long seatbelts don't fully retract? I have also seen the threads regarding stuck seatbelts and have already tried yanking and releasing the belt.

The good thing is I want to get a child seat - has anyone got better pictures of the Porsche Prince? The tequipment picture isn't very good. Is it a good/comfy seat for a 1 year old?

The bad thing is I occasionally need to fit 2 x 7 year olds in the back and the seatbelts are too loose.

TIA

Charlie
Old 09-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Vic_S
Racer

Hi Charlie,
I have the Prince for my 2 year old, and to be honest its not great but nothing else available in UK seems to fit: I only have him in the car for short journey's so its Ok for the momment. There is a (poor) picture of it in the link below. (Worst feature is it does'nt recline, so he can't sleep in it).

http://www.design911.co.uk/index.htm

For your seat belt issues, Quikfit always get recommended and they are not too far from you.

http://www.quickfitsbs.co.uk/qsbs/home.htm

Good Luck
Vic
Old 09-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

...Ignore me ...
Old 09-02-2003, 03:50 PM
ksimpson
Racer

I bought the Prince Porsche seat as well. It's a reasonably good price for a Porsche branded product. In case you didn't know, the seat is made by Britax in Germany, but not sold in the UK with the Britax brand.

I have yet to use it, but the OPC didin't mention anything about needing a longer seat belt, nor does the Porsche 993 options booklet.

Like Vic, I noticed that it doesn't recline, but that doesn't bother me much as I'll only use it for short journeys. I intend to use it in the back - with the RSRs I don't think my son will be getting much sleep anyway.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:36 AM
CS993
8th Gear

Thanks Vic, I have been thinking of ordering from design911 - just wanted to see a different picture. However - like you say, not much choice!

Ksimpson, thanks - I feel a bit better knowing it's a Britax, I guess I'll order one and hope it's not too uncomfortable.

Charlie

Quick Reply: Long Seatbelts