993 Forum 1995-1998

wheel center cap

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 03:08 AM
Straight Coupe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel center cap

Is there a good source (other than the stealer) for these center caps? I've searched around the board and I don't want to have mine repainted nor do I want to replace it with a different style (since I only need one.)

Actually, if anyone one has an extra laying around that they'd like to sell, that would be great! A used one would probably match the others better anyway (the gold on them is a little faded.)

The clear resin coating over the crest on this one had separated leaving the underneath exposed. I tried chipping it away and building up a new clear coat but that only made things worse by dissolving the red & black paint .

It's the plastic cap with a flat face (not convex)... part number 993.361.303.07
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
PaulWood
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic Preferred

Bump!

This is an old post, but the closest I could find to my needs when doing a search.

I've been looking for replacement plastic wheel crests (4) also and can only find various metal ones at prices of $45 each and up (Pelican Parts, Automotion, etc). Maybe someday, if I replace my wheels, I will go for the metal ones, but for now, plastic will be fine.

The part number as in Straight Coupe's post is the number stamped on the back of my existing wheel crests.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a set off of a supplier on ebay from HK. I was surprised at the quality. It was like $85 plus $20 shipping for the set of colored metal centers. And they came with little Porsche valve stem caps. Very cute.
Here is a link to a closed auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150048291287

The only issue I saw when the arrived is the red is more of a maroon. I plan on repainting it the right red... 'cause that how I roll
Old 12-05-2006, 09:11 PM
hugoc2s
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

These things are awful quality! The enamelled centre badge is indeed a beautiful thing but porsche seem to insist on attaching it to the centre cap with some kind of childs-spec useless glue. I've gone through 6 of these in a year. Come back from a 'spirited run through the twisties' to find 2 of the lovely enamel bits gone! The last set I procured out of a friends garage (while he wasn't looking!...but he knows!) and removed the enamel badges and epoxied them into place. Seem to have held up since. Tip: dont go anywhere near them with a dreaded pressure washer or they will disappear and you will find it embedded in your garage door later.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hugoc2s
These things are awful quality! The enamelled centre badge is indeed a beautiful thing but porsche seem to insist on attaching it to the centre cap with some kind of childs-spec useless glue. I've gone through 6 of these in a year. Come back from a 'spirited run through the twisties' to find 2 of the lovely enamel bits gone! The last set I procured out of a friends garage (while he wasn't looking!...but he knows!) and removed the enamel badges and epoxied them into place. Seem to have held up since. Tip: dont go anywhere near them with a dreaded pressure washer or they will disappear and you will find it embedded in your garage door later.
wow, thanks for the post hugo.
I haven't installed them yet... maybe I'll just hang them on the wall?

or proactively remove the badge and reattach with an epoxy? hmmm...

Last edited by MarkD; 12-07-2006 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply: wheel center cap