Sponsored by:

Bergvill LED install ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 08:12 AM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
Are the front side lights (in the fog housings) working? Have you checked fuses 40 and 41? Check with a voltmeter if it is power feed to the bulb sockets. If not, you might have a wiring problem, but this is very seldom seen.
Cheers,
Tore
Tore,
All of the front lights are working fine. I'll check the fuses and voltage in the sockets and report back!
Old 04-04-2015, 11:53 AM
993TT4JR
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Tore,

Do u any plans to do a HID conversion for the High beams?
Thanks,
Old 04-04-2015, 04:08 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

So the latest is that fuse 41 was indeed blown, but when I replaced it, it blew again when I turned the lights on. I replaced it two more times and the same thing. I also tried taking out all of the LEDs in the rear and putting back in the old bulbs, but no luck.

A buddy of mine is coming over with his voltmeter later so we'll check that and see if we can diagnose it.

Frustrating as all the lights were working fine before I did the upgrade...likely installer error!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:58 PM
ctsang103
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, did you ever get your fog lights working again? I ran into the same issue.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:54 AM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default great product

I've done the complete light conversion including the additional brake lights in the foggy holders. Fantastic results and worth every penny. Installed it in stages and I think I lost the CC when the festoons for the frunk and rear deck were replaced. Too lazy to pull them out and retest.
I didn't like the angle of the festoons at first as noted before so I removed the lens housings and twisted the right angle contact until the LED festoon laid flat when inserted. Problem solved.

I'm also interested in a HID or LED replacement for the high beams. On my motorcycle I used a LED solution for a straight up replacement for Low/high H4 at 3800 lumen. Best $65 spent on the bike and it is really, really bright. Thinking of modifying the front fogs to utilize their H3 solution.
Here is the site, no affiliation, yada...
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.co...ulb-_p_83.html

Thanks Tore!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:12 AM
RBP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone have part # for the LED bulbs. I bought some, installed them and they didn't want to work. The low beams seemed to work so I kept those and returned the rest. Must be a specific bulb type that I need to purchase. Couldn't see any reason why they wouldn't work, they went in fine just wouldn't light up.

Thinking I will keep the H1 high beams and run with my new LED low beams which are very nice.

Anyone have similar experience?
Old 05-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Happend to me too! Turned out rhe fuse was jast 7,5 amps, should be 15 amps (i think), fitted a 15 amp fuse and everything is just fine now!
Old 05-31-2015, 01:58 PM
RBP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Odd, I thought the LEDs drew less power. All I know is I installed them all, turned on the light switch and nothing happened. I will check the fuse and perhaps try again.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:02 PM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

My problems where with the front fog lights, the original ones, and they share fuse with the reverse lights.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:50 PM
ctsang103
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My issues are with the front fog lights too, I'll try that 15 amp fuse and see how things go. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingchappy
I've done the complete light conversion including the additional brake lights in the foggy holders. Fantastic results and worth every penny. Installed it in stages and I think I lost the CC when the festoons for the frunk and rear deck were replaced. Too lazy to pull them out and retest.
I didn't like the angle of the festoons at first as noted before so I removed the lens housings and twisted the right angle contact until the LED festoon laid flat when inserted. Problem solved.

I'm also interested in a HID or LED replacement for the high beams. On my motorcycle I used a LED solution for a straight up replacement for Low/high H4 at 3800 lumen. Best $65 spent on the bike and it is really, really bright. Thinking of modifying the front fogs to utilize their H3 solution.
Here is the site, no affiliation, yada...
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.co...ulb-_p_83.html

Thanks Tore!
Your lights look great. Convinced me to get the kit.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:59 AM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

The fog lights share fuse with the reverse lights so if the fuse blow and is of the corect Amp there could possibly be a short in the reverse lights but that is pretty easy to check!
Old 06-10-2015, 01:58 PM
uberlawyer
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RBP
Anyone have part # for the LED bulbs. I bought some, installed them and they didn't want to work. The low beams seemed to work so I kept those and returned the rest. Must be a specific bulb type that I need to purchase. Couldn't see any reason why they wouldn't work, they went in fine just wouldn't light up.

Thinking I will keep the H1 high beams and run with my new LED low beams which are very nice.

Anyone have similar experience?
LEDs work only with the correct polarity. Don't know if your LEDs can be installed the wrong way, but it happened to me with the side blinkers.

Quick Reply: Bergvill LED install ?