Sponsored by:

Long Island dealership - comments?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 12:00 PM
Joe L
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Long Island dealership - comments?

Can anyone relate an experience in dealing with Champion Motor Group? It seems as though they specialize in low mileage vehicles...
Old 12-26-2001, 10:18 PM
B-Line home
Racer

Hey Joe,

Champion is great. I have known and have been doing business with them for years.. Well not me actually I don't have an exotic yet. But my dad used to buy his Pcars from Gary Brustein the owner. I was actually going to buy the C2S black, they had on the lot last week but I changed my mind. Not because of Champion, it just wasn't the exact car I wanted.
As a matter of fact, my bro has a 1989 porsche cabriolet widebody with whale tale that was bought from champion years ago.
It is an extremely rare car. I say, if they have a car you like and the price is right, go for it. They are very reputable and even though I live in Miami, they were the first ones I called when I started looking for a PCAR. I trust them.
Hope this helps...
Old 12-27-2001, 10:02 AM
JL
Intermediate

I am from LI and know several people who have bought P-Cars and Ferraris from Champion-NONE have a bad word to say about Champion, all good experiences....Sometimes they are a little pricey, however...
good luck=!

Jordan
Old 12-27-2001, 10:10 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts
Hi Joe:

Please be aware that there is a Porsche-Audi dealer in Pompano Beach, FL named Champion Motors.

These guys are confusing this dealer with the one in NY you are inquiring about. Champion Motors

I don't know specifically of the dealer on Long Island, but my Dad lives there and is constantly frustrated with dealerships disregard for honesty and service (yeah, could be said of dealers anywhere).

There are several dealers that have a national reputation--like Champion and Brumos in Florida, Stoddard in OH, etc. You do get a modest amount of peace of mind dealing with folks like this.

You can find a nice car in a smaller, newer dealer or on a broker's lot--but <<insert favorite used car dealer slam/caveat emptor statement here>>

Good luck.
Chris C. Atlanta
98 Carrera S
Old 12-27-2001, 10:11 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts
Hi Joe:

Please be aware that there is a Porsche-Audi dealer in Pompano Beach, FL named Champion Motors.

These guys are confusing this dealer with the one in NY you are inquiring about. Champion Motors

I don't know specifically of the dealer on Long Island, but my Dad lives there and is constantly frustrated with dealerships disregard for honesty and service (yeah, could be said of dealers anywhere).

There are several dealers that have a national reputation--like Champion and Brumos in Florida, Stoddard in OH, etc. You do get a modest amount of peace of mind dealing with folks like this.

You can find a nice car in a smaller, newer dealer or on a broker's lot--but <<insert favorite used car dealer slam/caveat emptor statement here>>

Good luck.
Chris C. Atlanta
98 Carrera S
Old 12-27-2001, 11:04 AM
JL
Intermediate

The Champion in NY is indeed "Champion Motor Group" (see www.championmotorgroup.com)
the Champion in Florida is Champion Motors (www.champion-motors.com)

B-line must be referencing the FL dealer as he is form Miami.....my comments are for the NY based dealer.

Regards,
Jordan
Old 12-27-2001, 11:05 AM
Joe L
Instructor

Thank you all for the input! My next question would be: where on LI could I get a PPI done?

BTW - B-Line: I saw the picture of the C2S that you are looking at. VERY Nice!!!
Old 12-27-2001, 11:11 AM
JL
Intermediate

For a PPI I recommend Chris from Lynmor Motors (he is in Huntington..about 15 minutes from Champion). I have not used him myself, but I got several recommendations and from brief phone conversations he seemed to know his stuff. Search this board and Pelican for Long Island/NY mechanic recommendations.

Jordan
Old 12-27-2001, 11:19 AM
Joe L
Instructor

Thanks Jordan!
Old 12-27-2001, 09:28 PM
B-Line home
Racer

hey guys thanks for commenting on my knowledge of dealerships but your totally off base.
I was talking about Champion in Long Island.
They are great.
I grew up on Long Island and just moved to Miami last year.
I was at Champion (long Island) last week when I was visiting New York. I have never bought a car nor my family from Champion (florida) on Copans RD.
So, the recommendation I was giving was for the dealership on Long Island.
I can understand why you might think I was talking about florida but I was not....
Thanks..
and again.. Champion (ON LONG ISLAND) is probably the most reputable preowned exotic car dealership in the country. They are second to none. Hope this helps..
Old 12-28-2001, 10:19 AM
JL
Intermediate

I apologize B-Line,I did not mean to offend or question your dealership knowledge (you can understand how your profile (being from Miami) and the close name of the 2 dealerships could make that mix up quite feasible. Good luck with your C2S purchase, I hope it all works out for you.

Regards,
Jordan
Old 12-28-2001, 06:32 PM
B-Line home
Racer

no apoligies needed
I understand why you would think what you did. It is kinda confusing with my Miami location in my sig..
Believe me, I'm not insulted. I was just trying to help..
Thanks for wishing me good luck on my 2S. It sure is a hard job finding this car. Especially outfitted the way I want at the right price. But I am confident I will find one eventully if this one shouldn't work out.

Quick Reply: Long Island dealership - comments?