Sponsored by:

Good Porsche service in Conejo Valley/Ventura

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 12:10 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Good Porsche service in Conejo Valley/Ventura

I'm going to need some routine maintenance plus a PSS9 installation, and I'm looking for recommendations for a good shop. Michael Schatz has worked on my car, but he's really busy, and I'm having a problem getting into his schedule. I live in Moorpark and work in Agoura. Anybody have any recommendations for a shop in Simi, Thousand Oaks, Westlake, Oxnard, Ventura, Camarillo? Even San Fernando Valley is possible. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:26 PM
Tom C.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve,

Have you considered doing a DIY on the PSS9's??? If so, I would be happy to help. I've wanted to do an install on my car, but my wallet is forbidding me from any upgrades at this moment. I'll even supply the beer . . .
Old 08-27-2004, 05:59 PM
das951
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not exactly sure where to go, but I can tell you where I've been. I just moved to Westlake Village and needed a suspension repair done on my 951. Took it to a shop called "German Tech" for the repair, it's on Thousand Oaks Blvd. The service guy was good , the mechanic mostly speaks Polish, and the price was a little high but not too unreasonable. Overall I rate them a 7 on a ten-point scale. I think they're fine for general work like that or like oil changes. My biggest concern is that they don't have any Porsches parked there ever. I see plenty of BMW and Volvo. So I'm still looking for a good shop in this area too.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Steve,

I think all of us living out there with these cars are wondering the same thing. You would think there would be some good independent shops in the area. Schatz has been recommended to me also.

Maybe you can convince Viper Bob to move down here.

Scott
Old 08-27-2004, 08:23 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

You guys realize that my original post was almost exactly one year ago? So I did what any reasonable Porsche nutcase would do... I drove my car to Los Altos and had Viperbob do everything. I'm not much of a DIY guy anymore (back in the old days I could replace a clutch in the pits on my old RSR). My question about a local shop remains... I have a few small issues to deal with, but I'm relucant to turn my car over to just anybody. The thought about getting Viperbob to move down here... I've tried it, he didn't bite.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Call Mike Schatz, he may just be the right guy for you. Tell him I said hi.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Jason at RS Enterprises in Ventura (805 643-1041) is a one man shop and an absolute perfectionist. He only works on Porsches and knows his stuff. Best of all he is as honest as the day is long. Just one thing….don’t be in a rush. He is very busy and gets a lot of stop by business. But he is worth the wait. One of the few mechanics that I’ll freely recommend.

For any suspension work in our area it’s Darin at WestEnd in Gardena,
Old 08-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts

When it came time to tweek the suspension, and living in the Central Coast of Cali part time, I left home at 3:15 AM and drove up to Viper Bob's place...of course I was two (2) hours early, so it was snooze time in the Sparco EVO II seats, ouch!

Viper Bob tore into my suspension and I was out of there in three (3) hours. It be mo betah now, no more squeeks, creaks and groans. Now I have to get back to the track to check out the suspension. Knowing that Mike Schatz does world class work...I can see how he is difficult to get in and see. If that be the case, my vote is to consider to installing the PSS9s at Viper Bob's, if you are remotely close to his shop in Belmont, CA.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:55 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Martin,

Yes, VB did my PSS-9s almost a year ago. Great job.

Chuck,

I've spoken with Jason, and "almost" made it out to his shop. My problem now is that my Cobra is pressed into daily service by my son, who takes his sister to school. That leaves my Porsche as my daily driver. Doggone... I should have taken care of these minor issues before school started!

Quick Reply: Good Porsche service in Conejo Valley/Ventura