Sponsored by:

11k mile 95 Cab.....?...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 11k mile 95 Cab.....?...?

I Know another what's it worth thread,.....this car has me stumped.

I have been looking for a while. I have not found the right color combo. I know it's a used car but I want what I want.

This car is just right. Unique color options etc....

Car is owned by a dealer just took on trade. Bought a car or two with him (10) We are both lost on How much of a premium it should command.

Most of the nice sub 100k cars I have looked at are under $45 k. I don't mind spending a little more but I am going to drive it.

I will be a little vague on the details.

Unique Cool color top combo.

6 speed, supple, heated seats, full leather.

Recent service new tires. 2 owner not a Porsche guy but a fluffer/bubble rapper.

Car is as new.

What u guys think is a safe number. The dealer is not a Porsche guy. He probably paid Kelly trade in value....Ha.

Thx
Old 12-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

What I'd expect to see an 11k mile example on Ebay for.

C2 - $78,500.

C4 - $83,500.

Offer him $54k

Can it do endos and burnouts?

Old 12-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Originally Posted by Cemoto
What I'd expect to see an 11k mile example on Ebay for. C2 - $78,500. C4 - $83,500. Offer him $54k Can it do endos and burnouts? .
If I own it it will.

It will get PSS 10's and exhaust

I love cabs leave the top down and enjoy.

Thx.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:16 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

I agree with Cemoto....offer him 54K. If he paid dearly for it, you might have to pay up to 62 and still be quite a bit under what a p-dealer would want....Cemoto is Correcto!
Old 12-29-2014, 11:19 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What color/combo is considered unique? There are some colors that are rare and desirable and there are some colors that are rare and less desirable.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:38 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have already backed yourself into corner. It's a low mileage vehicle AND "just right". It all boils down to what you are willing to pay for your "just right, as new" vehicle. Can you afford to walk away and find another just like this one? Get your PPI and go for it!
Old 12-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
You have already backed yourself into corner. It's a low mileage vehicle AND "just right". It all boils down to what you are willing to pay for your "just right, as new" vehicle. Can you afford to walk away and find another just like this one? Get your PPI and go for it!

In the old days that was exactly what I would do except for PPI.... ( I have never had one...crazy...never been burned...lucky) Summer is a few months away and i have plenty of cars to drive....

I guess in this case it will depend on price. Hard for me to pay a premium for miles. My 964 RS clone has 130k... I drive the **** out of it hoping it will blow and I can send it to Rothsport for a 400 hp 3.8....... Not my style but this car is cool.

Keep u posted.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:14 AM
fatmike
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbarnes RS
Hard for me to pay a premium for miles. My 964 RS clone has 130k... I drive the **** out of it hoping it will blow and I can send it to Rothsport for a 400 hp 3.8....... Not my style but this car is cool.

So... I will freely admit that you are doing it EXACTLY RIGHT...but, we need to acknowledge that a nearly new car with 11K miles demands a premium in the market because of low miles.

Maybe it makes no sense for you to pay that premium. But, maybe it does. That is for you to sort out.

If it were a color scheme I wanted (say GT silver with Flemenco Red leather) (or that crazy beautiful chestnut leather), I would buy the car at a steep premium.. but again, that's a personal choice.

/
Old 12-30-2014, 09:42 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
Maybe you haven't fallen completely in love with the car yet but remember that the sale of anything is based mostly on emotion. Can you imagine going into a Chevrolet dealer and falling so in love with a Cobalt Diesel that you HAVE TO have it? I can't but there is a fair amount the population that will pay a premium for anything. My mindset going into any purchase is that I don't really NEED anything. I love low mileage too but I will not fall in love with anything just because.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:27 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm probably the last guy who should be opining... but here's my take...

If you like it, get it. I understand that the mileage isn't worth a significant premium to you, but I'm sure it's worth a premium to the market. And, undoubtedly, you'd be getting something for that premium.

My guess is that it ends up being $10 to $20k more than an over 60k mile car, but you'll forget that amount in a matter of months and have the car that you want... which you'll undoubtedly appreciate.

Good luck.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Maybe you haven't fallen completely in love with the car yet but remember that the sale of anything is based mostly on emotion. Can you imagine going into a Chevrolet dealer and falling so in love with a Cobalt Diesel that you HAVE TO have it? I can't but there is a fair amount the population that will pay a premium for anything. My mindset going into any purchase is that I don't really NEED anything. I love low mileage too but I will not fall in love with anything just because.
I have a serious problem cars.... I love em all. If the car was within driving distance I would already own it. I can't even test drive a Chevy without seeing the good in it. I just love cars period. My only savior is my good buddy. Car smarter than myself. He makes the decision for me. ( usually....)

Should have a few questions answered today and hopefully a price.

Thx for the great input.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:40 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

Joe: Would love to see pics if purchase or no purchase......like to know the mystery color combo...
PS...do you attend any Cars and Coffee here in AZ?
Old 12-30-2014, 01:46 PM
993anorak
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moi aussi
Old 12-30-2014, 01:47 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is a Riviera blue cab with a black interior combo the price should be way north of $60k . I sold one just over two years ago and it went to Italy and btw mine was high miles but in excellent condition .

Cheers Guy
Old 12-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Mike Pezely
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gillesdesvallois
moi aussi
me to Gilles!

Quick Reply: 11k mile 95 Cab.....?...?