Anyone know this car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 10:32 PM
motobri
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Anyone know this car?

Ok, RL sleuths, whaddya know?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281530078752?forcerRptr=true&item=281530078752&viewitem=

Seems paint code L741 should be black, car looks blue to me?

Says enthusiast owned, anyone here?
Old 12-27-2014, 12:41 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mix up (color) may be the under the hood sticker, it looks as though it was painted blue while still on the hood. I would make sure the option codes are the same (under hood & in maintiance book) If the car has been properly maintained and hac a clean car fax on the PPI, the price sounds about right. Love the color.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:49 PM
SleepRM3
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Deleted

Deleted

Last edited by SleepRM3; 12-31-2014 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Deleted
Old 12-27-2014, 01:01 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SleepRM3
Hood sticker shows option code 0220 limited slip diff! That's like finding "hen's teeth"!
Really? I thought many have option 220. Locking (Limited Slip) differential, along with option code 224 Automatic Limited Slip Differential.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:43 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Def enthusiast owned... Appears lowered, has euro rear corner lamps, Turbo S style scoops w/ fogs... I'd really like to know what those enormous speakers are in the rear deck, LOL.

If this car sells for $39k, I'm putting mine up for sale the next day for $50k. Total respray in a different color, low optioned, no sport seats, over 150k miles, peeling rear grill finish, front bumper rubber seals popping out, worn steering wheel, etc...
Old 12-27-2014, 02:23 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RichPugh
Def enthusiast owned... Appears lowered, has euro rear corner lamps, Turbo S style scoops w/ fogs... I'd really like to know what those enormous speakers are in the rear deck, LOL.

If this car sells for $39k, I'm putting mine up for sale the next day for $50k. Total respray in a different color, low optioned, no sport seats, over 150k miles, peeling rear grill finish, front bumper rubber seals popping out, worn steering wheel, etc...
I don't think it's a total re-spray, just the hood, and it looks like they left the option sticker when they painted. Ever saw a black car with a blue interior??
Old 12-27-2014, 02:56 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by six gun
I don't think it's a total re-spray, just the hood, and it looks like they left the option sticker when they painted. Ever saw a black car with a blue interior??
Looks like this VIN sticker is painted around and possibly cleared over... and L741 is Black. This entire car is clearly blue-green-ish unless the pics were altered. The seller (on eBay) doesnt list the cars color in the specifics or anywhere else.

The only thing that looks strange is the engine pic shows the rear panel with all the original stickers on it and appears to be original paint and down next to the pass side rear carrier mount, its either black or incredibly filthy...

Old 12-27-2014, 03:01 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Ever saw a black car with a blue interior??
I'm not sure I follow this Q? Yes, I have but this car has black interior. The VIN's match between the door sticker and hood sticker and the interior code shows LT... Black. Most blue interiors on black cars were ordered thru the 09991 program I assume. I am confused why you ask, LOL
Old 12-27-2014, 03:16 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RichPugh
I'm not sure I follow this Q? Yes, I have but this car has black interior. The VIN's match between the door sticker and hood sticker and the interior code shows LT... Black. Most blue interiors on black cars were ordered thru the 09991 program I assume. I am confused why you ask, LOL
Have you looked at the pictures from the e-bay posting? I could be wrong, but the interior shots look like it is navy blue. ops, did not see the door sticker. my mistake.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:26 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Have you looked at the pictures from the e-bay posting? I could be wrong, but the interior shots look like it is navy blue. ops, did not see the door sticker. my mistake.
Yes of course I've seen them, LOL. I reposted 3 of them above. The interior appear black to me.... just a bit worn. Seats looked OK though for nearly 155k miles.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:12 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Rich;
Indulge me, take a look at the picture of the speedo again, and tell me that isn't a blue dash.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Originally Posted by SleepRM3
Hood sticker shows option code 0220 limited slip diff! That's like finding "hen's teeth"!
I cannot comment on how "rare" the 220 LSD option is, but as someone who owns a 993 coupe with LSD and similar mileage to this one on ebay, I can assure you the OEM LSD in the car for sale is long worn out and needs replacement. Mine certainly was when I bought my 993.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
Really? I thought many have option 220. Locking (Limited Slip) differential, along with option code 224 Automatic Limited Slip Differential.
Mine has these
Old 12-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,425 Likes on 825 Posts

Rich;
Indulge me, take a look at the picture of the speedo again, and tell me that isn't a blue dash.
probably just the way the light is hitting it because it really seems black.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:15 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Rich;
For real, the whole interior looks black, LOL. The area directly behind the gauges are almost always black. My car has a blue leather dash and knee bar (bottom dash) and the panel that the gauges sit in is black.

This looks totally black to me...

there is a lighting on the drivers side if the dash top here that gives some blue tint but it's obviously not a blue dash.

All black...

Hey, maybe our screens have different hue settings. It def appears to be a greenish blueish color car with black interior.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this car?