Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Suit For The Holidays

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New Suit For The Holidays

A teaser for a story to be told later. But for now...with the glass out and virtually no rust or otherwise issues to speak of am pleasantly reminded of the virtues of living in a dry San Diego climate.
Attached Images        
Old 12-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Mine was the same when I changed my windshield.

Who is doing the work?
Old 12-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Mine was the same when I changed my windshield.

Who is doing the work?
Absolutle Perfection in Mission Hills near DT.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:54 PM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Excellent! Looking forward to the next update. I really like how you've set your car up flat-6, all business with style points all around. Clean.
So, what are they fixing exactly? Dents in the fenders and hood, and chips/wear and tear in the bumper?
I paint for a body shop here in MD, and have not yet had a white 993 come in for repairs. Is the stock paint single stage? I heard guards red is.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sander97C2
Excellent! Looking forward to the next update. I really like how you've set your car up flat-6, all business with style points all around. Clean.
So, what are they fixing exactly? Dents in the fenders and hood, and chips/wear and tear in the bumper?
I paint for a body shop here in MD, and have not yet had a white 993 come in for repairs. Is the stock paint single stage? I heard guards red is.
Thank you : ) You know how it goes you try to address one small thing and it just snowballs from there. I needed my rear bumper repaired and repainted as the exhaust tip was misaligned causing some heat damage above it. Once in the shop and under great light it was clear my winshield (2nd since new) was badly pitted and so was my front bunper (many hard charge backroad romps to the desert makes for that sandblasted effect). Insuarance then agreed to replace the windsheild and repair other chips then paint the whole front. At that point it was a no brainer to do the whole car. I'm just disapponted I could not at this juncture due to divorce and closely watched funds by wife's lawyer throw another $5k in to properly take the sunroof out with a new skin.

Not sure of the paint process but will inquire and note when I added pics from the end result soon.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:46 AM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How does one convince ones auto insurer to pay for wear and tear on ones car? (i.e. how'd you convince them to deal with the wind shield and front end?)
Old 12-29-2014, 01:32 AM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spyder_Man
How does one convince ones auto insurer to pay for wear and tear on ones car? (i.e. how'd you convince them to deal with the wind shield and front end?)
I had driven through a sand storm this past summer for an extended period and had specific damage from that one event across the front of the car. I just hadn't addressed it.

Quick Reply: New Suit For The Holidays