993 Forum 1995-1998

Lets see your ride height along with specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 01:22 PM
initial
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JGB
Not my car anymore but here is a C4S with Bilstein HD / ROW M030 springs at ride heights of 135 mm front 115 mm Rear as measured per the chassis points. This is ROW -10 mm or RS +10 mm.
This is exactly the same height and hardware as my setup but I run 17in Cup II's. Car handles great and ride height looks proper (IMHO).
Old 12-18-2014, 04:20 PM
RBP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

115 in rear is all you get, that's the point. Would have loved to see your mechanics face if you asked him to give you the standard US ride height. The 115mm is as high as you can get and is at or slightly lower than the ROW RSR.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:42 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is the only photo I can find that shows the side of the car.

8.5 x 18 ET 50 - 245-35r18
10.5 x 18 ET 59 - 295-35r18

Ride Height: (With Forgelines, lower all around with Kinesis)
Front: 110 mm
Rear: 98 mm

Here is a great comparison to a RS 4.0..

Old 02-16-2015, 12:00 AM
DFC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had ACL reconstruction surgery 3 weeks ago and finally getting around to taking a photo of my new ride height with the pss-10 installed last month. Sadly I'm not quite able to drive the car yet and hope to be able to do so in another week
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2015, 01:25 AM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is anyone running this same setup? A while back I had one of the original tie rods fail and of course (upgrade op) went down the slope and went RS uprights tie rods, solid side mounts and reset to RS ride height and alignment. I was very happy with this setup but holy crap it was stoopid expensive not the least of which was time on the rack to get it all dialed in afterwards.

Well not long after my old TRG sway bar bushings on the front packed it in (upgrade op) and so I bit the bullet and bought the factory RS gear all around with new links to boot. Stoopidly thought we could just carefully install them without disturbing the front alignment...false. Once it became obvious I needed to address it all over I went to talk to Jae Lee at Mirage. Despite that I had just installed the RS setup he convinced me to swap out the tie rod ends for the ERP setup he helped develop (which the Singer cars all get also) which according to Jae is the only way to fully dial out bump steer even with the RS uprights. Well stoopid expensive again followed by same for zero tolerance alignment and Kinematic tow reset and....oh my god....beyond. Different car. I can't beleive the level of stability and surefootedness this setup acheived. Does anyone else have this same config?
Old 02-16-2015, 01:28 AM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Here is the result
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2015, 02:01 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is a quick ride height summary for the front and rear measurement points.
Note the additional 20mm front & 10mm rear height for the US Spec suspension.
I'm running at 993 RS height + 6mm, with Front 130mm and Rear 110mm

Last edited by FlatSix911; 10-22-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:53 PM
motobri
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Bumping a very helpful thread...
I just had my PSS10's installed and set height at 135/115 and the stance is great but the ride is very bouncy, like hit your head bouncy. I tried adjusting all the way out & in to no luck. Is this normal or is something wrong/too low?
I'm running 22/20 ARBs and it looks like the rear drop links may be hitting the subframe?

Old 10-19-2015, 02:44 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motobri
Bumping a very helpful thread...
I just had my PSS10's installed and set height at 135/115 and the stance is great but the ride is very bouncy, like hit your head bouncy. I tried adjusting all the way out & in to no luck. Is this normal or is something wrong/too low?
I'm running 22/20 ARBs and it looks like the rear drop links may be hitting the subframe?
[/IMG]
Shouldn't be. I've raised PSS9 or 10 from Stupid Low, and they still weren't routinely hitting the bump stops before I raised things. But that's more "crash" than "bounce." You're not going to get much of anywhere on damper adjustment on a street product, either.

Sad to have to point you in the direction of starting over, even to the point of making sure the dampers are working properly.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:47 PM
motobri
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Shouldn't be. I've raised PSS9 or 10 from Stupid Low, and they still weren't routinely hitting the bump stops before I raised things. But that's more "crash" than "bounce." You're not going to get much of anywhere on damper adjustment on a street product, either.

Sad to have to point you in the direction of starting over, even to the point of making sure the dampers are working properly.
They should be, they were the ones you sold me.

What's wrong with these pictures ?

Old 10-19-2015, 05:30 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Are your drop links touching your sway bar? The drop links don't look right. They appear to be too horizontal.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Dplus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

It appears that your perch is twisted, the drop link should be vertical or close to vertical.
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2015, 06:48 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat-6 Performance
Despite that I had just installed the RS setup he convinced me to swap out the tie rod ends for the ERP setup he helped develop (which the Singer cars all get also) which according to Jae is the only way to fully dial out bump steer even with the RS uprights.
I know Jae has a very good rep but the bump steer advice is wrong (at best). RS uprights do the job, at least at RS specs. Your comment on the amount of time it took to get the alignment setup may be do to the fact they have not historically had the Motorsport KT tool.

I do not have everything you have, all the suspension bits are factory RS (including sides, etc) with PSS10's. Chris Cervelli did the alignment/corner balance. I love the way the car handles.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:52 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

They should be, they were the ones you sold me.

What's wrong with these pictures ?

I won't bash the drop link install too much, just in case you did it. The drop links are incorrectly installed. The perch needs to face directly inward, towards engine. The drop link installs inside of it, both bolts of the link face engine. With care suspension loaded, have both links as close to vertical and centered as possible. Be thankful that you did not break anything. Get collar locked down. Use a punch to strike at collar to assure its as tight as possible to avoid perch rotating.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:07 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Are you measuring the height from the correct points underneath the cars and what are you using to measure with?

Is the "bounce" coming from the front?

Originally Posted by race911
You're not going to get much of anywhere on damper adjustment on a street product, either.
Well he's got 10 with the PSS10's, right?

Quick Reply: Lets see your ride height along with specs