Sponsored by:

New Lower Water Mark 993 Price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 12:50 PM
tangram
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post New Lower Water Mark 993 Price?

A fellow, Thom Bencin, is asking only $31,500 for his 60K mile '95 993 on the non-member portion of the Rennlist classifieds. Seems like this economy really is having an impact on the value of used Porsches. Looks like he has done some very nice, well-thought out mods which would if anything enhance the value of the car.

Does anybody know if this car has a "history" that would explain the low asking price? Or maybe I'm just out to lunch and this is what the fair market value for a highish mileage '95 is?
Old 09-01-2002, 04:12 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds about right for a '95 coupe. You will find differing opinions about "high mileage". The car is 7-8 years old and has been driven less than 10M per year. I have never driven less than 15M. My sister paid $40K for a triple black cab with aero kit, CD, etc with 58M. I am looking at a '97 cab with 70M for $38.3. Since I will be using it as a daily driver I am going to put 15M per year on the car so there is no point in paying a premium for a low miles car and quickly turning it into a "high miles" car. From all of the posts I have read the concensus seems to be that there is no reason to be overly concerned about buying a car that has been driven as long as everything else checks out.

I know of a guy who just sold his '95 cab with 122M to dealer for $21K - what he owed the bank. Depending on the circumstances there are deals to be had.

In the 6 months that I have been seriously looking to buy the market has softened.

Quick Reply: New Lower Water Mark 993 Price?