OT: Music?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 09:55 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff 993TT
Which allman bros would you recommend if you were to get just one of their cd's?
if you got just one and only one!?!? wow... tough decision, but i guss most here would agree live at the filmore is the best all around.

but i would have to also recomend eat a peach as their best studio album.
the music is even better than the inside cover of the album. i have it on vynal, and wanted to air brush it on the side of my 71 vw bus.
http://allmanbrothersband.com/galler...e-Cover102.jpg

however.. their newest album "hittin' the note" is the best thing they have done in years!! i strongly recomend to anyone who hasnt heared hittin the note, to go to their record store and get a copy NOW!!!! most critics agree that it is the best studio album since eat a peach, and i have to tell you, there is not a bad somg on the whole cd. it is literally a tour de' force of blues driven rock, and warren hanes and derek trucks (nephew of drummer butch), are clearly the best guitar duo of their time. many gave up on the band after dickie betts got the boot, but derek was brought up to play EXACTLTY like duane allman.. and he does.. some say he's even better. warren who was the slide player in the 90's was brought back on, and still fits in like a glove, and he shares slide and lead guitar duties with derek. this is their best line up since the original!!!!

i am a BIG fan of the allman bros, grateful dead, early santana, and big brother and the holding co., quick silver messenger service, and of course, the butterfield blues band. i also listen to ekootik hookah, ruted root, dave mathews as far as jam bands go.

my heart is really with the blues though. gve me muddy waters, willie dixon, howlin wolf, robert johnson, tommy johnson, buddy guy, srv, kws, blind lemmon jefferson, etta james, bonnie rait, and susan tedeschi ANY DAY!!!

i have seen alot of concerts in my 23 years of existance.. buddy guy 8 times, allman brothers 9 times, Government mule several times ive seen susan tedeschi 3 times, bb king 4 times, hookah 3 times, sanata 3 times, rusted root 3 times, dmb 3 times, aerosmith 5 times, robert cray once, clapton once, keb mo twice...

Harry (who is currently listening to anthem of the sun)

Last edited by hoffman912; 11-02-2003 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: OT: Music?